Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Update!

(9 Posts)
ihatedarrell Thu 03-Jan-13 23:13:06

Hello all. I posted back In june about my ex, affair and violence and had some really really helpful responses. Well that was June, and I just wanted to tell you all that the following has happened in 6 months.

I asked him to leave, as you all suggested!
Saw a solicitor, found out what I was entitled to, that was a surprise!
Told him I wanted a divorce.
Actually got divorced (sept 25th decree absolutet went through) - no I did not stop and pushed it through as quickly as my solicitor said possible!!!
House is mine!

I just wanted to say, it can be done, 2013 is a brand new start for me.

Thank you!

baw70 Thu 03-Jan-13 23:31:34

I didn't read your thread at the time, but just wanted to say that I'm glad it's all sorted out, you can start 2013 with a clean slate and feel all the better for it. Well done for being so strong!

izzyizin Thu 03-Jan-13 23:36:58

'Way to go! thanks Well done you! wine

Sounds like you had an effective solicitor.

And is your newly recovered single state to your liking?

HappyNewSkyebluesapphire Fri 04-Jan-13 00:38:27

I remember your thread

Well done

garlicbaubles Fri 04-Jan-13 01:21:13

Wha-haaaay! grin Happy New You!

All good wishes for everything you do this year, and thanks for the update.

izzyizin Fri 04-Jan-13 01:44:47

Although it's my understanding that it's not considered polite in some quarters to provide links to OPs' previous threads, I can't resist letting the uninitiated see what you've achieved in such a remarkably short time: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/relationships/1500550-Am-i-strong-enough-to-do-this

You are a one strOONG woman, honey, - and don't you ever forget it!

It's a pleasure to wish you all the happiness in the world because you truly deserve it. Here's to you wine and here's to yours wine

Anyone fancy another toast?

<gets to bar first and necks another wine >

deleted203 Fri 04-Jan-13 02:05:31

Well done and congratulations for having the courage to start a new life!

2013 is your year! wine

Sunnywithshowers Fri 04-Jan-13 02:11:59

Well done ma'am grin

I hope you have a fantastic year smile

MushroomSoup Fri 04-Jan-13 09:46:29

Hurray!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now