Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Etiquette question....

(5 Posts)
quarterfrench Wed 02-Jan-13 19:56:14

How do I get my DP to thank my Mother (in her eighties) for the Christmas present she bought him? The thing is it doesn't occur to him to actually acknowledge that she bought him a really thoughtful gift, not expensive, but that's irrelevant. We didn't see her at Christmas and she bought the present a few months ago and which I duly wrapped and gave to him. Even though we've been together for 3 years, I find it difficult to suggest he calls her up/write to her to thank her.. your thoughts please ....

antonym Wed 02-Jan-13 19:59:49

Write your own letter; ask for his asap to go in same envelope (as if it went without saying he would be writing one).

GiveMeSomeSpace Wed 02-Jan-13 20:02:24

Just say it would mean a lot to you and to your mother and ask him to write the letter. Why do you find it difficult to suggest?

quarterfrench Wed 02-Jan-13 20:10:11

That's a really good suggestion, thanks...

quarterfrench Wed 02-Jan-13 20:12:19

That's good too .. Thank you. I find it hard as I'm not very assertive about things like that! (assertive in other ways though)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now