Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Am I being too fussy?

(15 Posts)
superstarheartbreaker Sun 30-Dec-12 22:42:51

I had some dates earlier this year with a lovely chap down in Devon. However, he turned out to be a bit too in to woo. He wanted to buy incence sticks and a lamp in the shape of a chrystal to go with his collection at home. confused. Was i too hasty in binning him off when he was a bit of a hunk? I have issues with 'woo' stuff as my ex was into it and he was a twat. In the end he didn't want the distance.
I'm struggling with finding a dp. Just been texting a man over Christmas but he wanted me to keep dd completely seperate like forever. In the beginning sure but in the long term I want someone to be part of my family.
Then there is another guy who I have been speaking to for a while who wants a 'Christmas fuck'. I don't want a one night stand. Agggrrrr; I'm right to walk away aren't I?

LauriesFairyonthetreeeatsCake Sun 30-Dec-12 22:44:05

Er yes, they all sound rubbish.

I'd rather frig myself with a carrot than fuck that lot.

Shakey1500 Sun 30-Dec-12 22:45:28

Yes you were too hasty binning the "woo" man being as he was also a hunk and you were projecting the fact that ex-woo man was twattish.

Yes to binning the second one.

Yes to binning the Christmas fuck-age man.

smile

dequoisagitil Sun 30-Dec-12 22:50:26

Could you not just enjoy dating for now? I think going in with the aim of finding a dp may be a mistake - having some fun and seeing where things go sounds less pressurised to me. I know you've got to have a bit of an eye to the long-term, but just seeing what's out there sounds good to me. Doesn't mean you have to screw them all - or any of them grin.

You're right to bin the people who just want a fuck if that's not what you want - same as a woo person if you have issues with it.

Feckthehalls Sun 30-Dec-12 22:53:00

No you are not too fussy.
Woo is not good !

I binned a man once who was into homeopathy . I could just about tolerate that except he had a personal homeopath who made concoctions for him. She lived several hundred miles away and this consisted of her telling him over the phone the name of her concoction, which he wrote on a piece of paper, sat a glass of water on the piece of paper for an hour , then drunk the water! Voila , homeopathic cure!

superstarheartbreaker Sun 30-Dec-12 22:57:17

Woo man was quite hunky in a James May kind of way but not so fit that I wanted to rip all his clothes off. Was hoping it would 'grow.'

dequoisagitil Sun 30-Dec-12 22:57:21

Really?! Good lord.

Shakey1500 Sun 30-Dec-12 22:58:51

Ah well, yes to binning all of them then. Onwards and upwards smile

superstarheartbreaker Sun 30-Dec-12 23:00:31

Snort at Lauries carrot frigging comment! grin That cheered me up!

tiredofwaitingforitalltochange Sun 30-Dec-12 23:03:21

quite hunky in a James May kind of way

Surely a contradiction in terms?

hmm

superstarheartbreaker Sun 30-Dec-12 23:17:40

And then there was the one who was quite cute, played lots of rugby but had no job and lived with his parents. He was looking for work...on the other side of the country!

dequoisagitil Sun 30-Dec-12 23:19:13

That one was definitely a dumper.

SolidGoldFrankensteinandmurgh Sun 30-Dec-12 23:33:59

When in doubt, dump. The worst thing that can happen if you dump a man is that you are single for a while, which is not actually a bad thing at all. The worst thing that can happen if you carry on seeing a man who is unsatisfactory is that you get PG by him and he turns out to be a total arsehole and messes up your life for years.

badinage Sun 30-Dec-12 23:42:22

Whenever I spend any time on this site, I always wish women were more fussy, not less. It never ceases to surprise how many women give so many complete wankers (who are usually crap lovers) 'a chance' - long after they should have been shown the door.

So you did the right thing with all 3.

Woo bollocks has me running for the hills too.

Keep your standards high!

ike1 Mon 31-Dec-12 00:58:00

I was good to go with Woo Man then you went and mentioned James May and spoilt the fantasy! Bah!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: