Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

confused.

(3 Posts)
dookiedook Sun 30-Dec-12 05:42:38

Found out tonight my wife of 29 years slept with somebody when we were dating (about 2 months in) I dont know how the hell i feel sad

4aminsomniac Sun 30-Dec-12 06:03:21

After 29 years, can you be bothered to feel anything? Has she been faithful since then? I can understand you being a bit hurt, but in the bigger scale of things in your life / marriage does it really matter to you?

Tongue in cheek here; maybe she was just checking that your performance in bed wasn't outshone by other men's performance? Staying with you for 29 years afterwards, I guess you passed the test!

MarjorieAntrobus Sun 30-Dec-12 06:20:07

I can see that you now might now rethink your memories of your early courtship, and that that might feel a tad painful BUT the fact that you have been together 29 years since the brief infidelity means that it really didn't amount to a great betrayal. Assuming you have been happily married, that is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now