Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

WA

(6 Posts)
knackeredknitter Mon 17-Dec-12 18:00:37

Really stupid basic question, what happens if you phone women's aid?

olgaga Mon 17-Dec-12 18:23:37

Well when you get through you talk to one of their advisors about the problem which has prompted you to ring them about...

Have you read their website?

The page I have linked to will give you an idea of the kind of issues they deal with.

knackeredknitter Mon 17-Dec-12 20:03:09

Well not sure really, h hurt me physically when we first got married but I have only just realised a couple of days ago. ?He said it was accidental and I sort of believed him.
I have been reading (and re-reading) Lundy, and I think the fog is starting to lift. Feel a bit stupid really...

olgaga Mon 17-Dec-12 20:26:13

How long ago was this? Is he abusive to you in other ways? Don't feel stupid! Do you have children?

HotDAMNlifeisgood Mon 17-Dec-12 20:29:17

Don't feel stupid. You're reading Lundy, re-assessing your everyday life, and thinking of concrete actions to turn things around such as phoning WA: that is the sign of a very insightful and courageous person.

HisstletoeAndWhine Mon 17-Dec-12 21:26:40

My dear, you are very far from stupid. Can we help you?

WA are a lifeline, they are a god send.

MN is pretty marvellous too! I owe such immense gratitude to so many on here when I came to my realisation about my ex.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: