Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

6 months in and I want him to know I love him. Am I doing the right thing?

(4 Posts)
BrushUpYourArse Sun 09-Dec-12 16:50:20

Been together 6 months, in the early days he said that "love" is not a word he throws around lightly and he won't say it until he knows he means it. Since then, he has said little things like "I love you even more now that I've seen you do that" or "I'm totally in love with you all over again since I saw you playing the piano" etc. It's always in a jokey way.

He's never said "I love you".

Well, in his Christmas card to me he wrote a lovely speech about how the time we have spent together has meant so much to him and he signed it off with hugs and kisses. No love word again.

It's been 6 months - it's not too early for me to say it, is it? I'm going to write in in his Christmas card but I want to say it to him. Part of me is scared that he won't say it back though but after 6 months - should one of us have said it by now?? maybe he's holding back until I say it first?

fryingpanalley Sun 09-Dec-12 16:52:59

"I think I'm falling in love with you" is how I did it. Less stark but gets the sentiment across.
This is a very heart warming thread BTW!

TakeMyEyesButNotTheGoat Sun 09-Dec-12 17:41:24

Why have you started 2 different threads about the same thing?

expatinscotland Sun 09-Dec-12 17:43:42

How old are you two?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now