Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Help! Dating texting etiquette!

(8 Posts)
sunny177 Mon 03-Dec-12 18:31:46

Hi all,

Well I'm new to all this dating after being with my ex since I was 16 and now on the dating scene again! Need some advice, met this really nice guy online and have since been on 2 dates with him. Both went really well and he text when back to say he'd had a nice time we should do it again. That was Saturday night. Sunday morning I text him and he replied that evening I then replied and he hasn't been in touch since then. He usually texts me several times a day and I just don't know whether I should text him or if I should leave it and wait for him to text me again? I really liked him and don't want to spoil anything by seeming desperate lol. Is there an etiquette for dating and texts?! This dating lark is hard work blush x thanks in advance!

sarahseashell Mon 03-Dec-12 18:37:52

no leave it! wink
you have done the right thing. I'd leave it say a week and text him then if you want to but you'll probably have heard from him much sooner than that. Try to forget about him for now and get on with your life/see friends/make arrangements etc as normal.
hth

NewNames Mon 03-Dec-12 18:38:22

Don't worry about etiquette. Just do what feels right for you! If you want to text him, do. It's early days. Relax and enjoy it! smile

izzyizin Mon 03-Dec-12 19:07:00

Listen to sarah and leave it otherwise you'll be in danger of coming across as a bunny boiler being desperate.

As for the 'etiquette', you won't go far wrong if you let them make the running for the first half a dozen or so dates.

sunny177 Mon 03-Dec-12 19:49:48

Thanks for the advice, feel so stupid as just not experienced in dating at all! Lol x its a minefield isn't it. I think he might be a bit shy too as he has nt even tried to kiss me properly jut a slight peck on the lips as he dropped me home. Oh well I shall sit back an wait and see. If he is keen I guess he'll get in touch!

sunny177 Mon 03-Dec-12 20:16:14

He just text me, got manflu confusedis no man immune? Lol x

sarahseashell Mon 03-Dec-12 20:23:47

smile

Walkacrossthesand Mon 03-Dec-12 21:24:42

Hi, sunny, you might like to wander over & poke your head round the door of the dating thread - also in Relationships & currently headed 'giraffes in wheelchairs' I think..it's populated by people sharing their experiences of the dating scene, the highs & the lows. Good luck with new man!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now