Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Husband's problems with his penis

(5 Posts)
akabobbi Wed 28-Nov-12 14:25:55

This is my first post and I joined mumsnet to find out about the following. For some time now my 60 year old husband has been unable to achieve a proper erection in that he can't achieve penetration. It's erect enough for me to bring him to orgasm. An associated problem is that I've noticed I can't retract his foreskin. A further problem is that his foreskin is red and (I'm not sure how else to describe it) his skin looks different in that it looks 'shiney'. Have others met this problem and how have they dealt with it? Please help.

orangepudding Wed 28-Nov-12 14:29:16

I don't have any experience but he should see his dr as the skin has changed, could be some type of infection. While he is there he could mention his erection problems.

CajaDeLaMemoria Wed 28-Nov-12 14:32:20

He needs to see a doctor.

The changes you''ve mentioned are common indicators of underlying medical conditions, and possibly an infection, so he needs to see someone to get treated. It is very, very unlikely to get better on it's own.

ClippedPhoenix Wed 28-Nov-12 14:46:47


MolotovCocktail Wed 28-Nov-12 19:57:22

I've seen something similar to what you describe on Embarrassing Bodies (Channel 4). If it's what was shown on there, then your DH can be circumcised and the problems go away.

Ask him to see your GP and get things sorted.

The very best of luck to you both.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: