Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What are the signs men give away when they fancy a woman?

(14 Posts)
SoleSource Sat 24-Nov-12 10:40:46

Physical, verbal etc

superstarheartbreaker Sat 24-Nov-12 11:11:20

They tend to stare a lot. Some act aloof and some are ultra flirty. It depends on the man and if he is attached.

CogitoErgoSometimes Sat 24-Nov-12 11:32:02

Eye contact is the most reliable on I find. Holding your gaze slightly too long.

Leverette Sat 24-Nov-12 11:38:35

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

SoleSource Sat 24-Nov-12 11:50:14

Ticks all the boxrs suggested here. I fancy him. But despatate for sex. Not good as I will get attached and he is my Sons driver lol so nothing could ever happen but tis nice somebody fancies mr.

SoleSource Sat 24-Nov-12 11:50:36

Me not mr

NotAnotherPackedLunch Sat 24-Nov-12 11:50:49

Making the conversation way more personal than is appropriate for your degree of acquaintance and finishing with " that always works on my wife". Yuck.

Been a while since I attracted attention from anything other than attached sleazebags so can't really advise on reactions from nice single men.

SoleSource Sat 24-Nov-12 11:58:22

Yeah, I bet he is married.

CrikeyOHare Sat 24-Nov-12 13:55:07

Sure fire signs:

* As Cogito says, holding your gaze for longer than normal. Usually when we're talking to someone we automatically glance away when they stop talking. If he keeps looking for a few seconds, he wants ya

* Raising of the eyebrows when they first see you

* Body angled in your direction even when they are talking to someone else

* Above all - your instinct. Most of us "just know" when someone fancies us because we're picking up on non-verbal signals we're not consciously aware of

Enjoy, smile

SoleSource Sat 24-Nov-12 13:59:20

Hehehe yree haaa!

Secy time!

(in my dreams though)

he did turn his body facing me, held his gaze, told me he was born in Italy, though has mixed Aissie/English accent.

He asked me what my name was. My Christian name and repeated my name.

The next day it was a bit awkward between us. Hmmm

manhattansunset Sat 24-Nov-12 14:02:37

what about: they ask for your number? or ask you out on a date if they have the number already.

worldcitizen Sat 24-Nov-12 14:03:32

Agree with Crikey

SoleSource Sat 24-Nov-12 14:36:41

Sure sign,.Manhatten. He should ask me lol

manhattansunset Sat 24-Nov-12 14:43:22

good luck :-) work it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now