Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Completely annoyed with an old friend

(8 Posts)
alligatorsoup Sat 17-Nov-12 06:41:05

Just want a rant cos I'm upset over yesterday and want to get it out of my system so to speak.

Arranged with my friend of 10 yrs to meet up yesterday. She was aware that I wanted to take my babies out to a stay and play and wanted to come with me so we arranged to meet early enough to get there on time. The plan was to then go to lunch at mine etc. I spent a lot of time cleaning on Thursday and Friday morning so that the house was lovely because I have ocd issues about house being spotless especially when friends are visiting.

Friday morning an hr before we are suppose to meet I get a text saying she is running late as she has a flat tyre and the fella at the garage cant fix it for her until nearly 10 am. So I think If I go to the stay and play session then she might decide not to come because she will not see me for that long as she has work later on (she would have lost 3 hrs of time with me and wouldn't have been able to meet me at the stay and play as she wouldn't know where to go). So I decided that I would wait in for her and abandon the group as I wanted to see my friend more. Text her to say waiting in and she could turn up as soon as tyre fixed. Then after it was too late to go to group she text me to say that the fella was not able to fix the car until after lunch and she would have to rearrange.

I felt put out because obviously I wanted to see my friend and also because I had cancelled my plans to fit around my friend (even though she was at no fault for a tyre etc/ I know it was out of her hands). The thing that got me is that she sent several texts later on in the day telling me that she had just got back from having tyre fixed/price of it etc and then later I found a pic of her OH fixing said tyre on facebook.

I had arranged to meet up with her next week instead but I cancelled cos I don't like being lied to. Why didn't she just say I'm tired/cant be bothered etc and rearrange rather than lie knowing that I was waiting in for her? I know groups aren't the be all and end all but I am quite lonely at the moment and a bit down (not depression down, more fed up) due to poor health and I'm trying really hard to make sure that I get the babies out doing fun things etc.

We are very close friends and she knows I wouldn't be funny with her if she cancelled so its not like she thought Id be horrible and shed have to lie iyswim. Sorry for long post I just feel like a mug

Feckbox Sat 17-Nov-12 06:48:12

Sorry I am missing a crucial bit of the story here - is it that she said the tyre got fixed at a garage but in fact her OH fixed it?

Have you asked her? That does sound Crap, are you sure it wasn't a misunderstanding? Could her Dh maybe have been fitting the spare?

OneOfMyTurnsComingOn Sat 17-Nov-12 06:51:19

It sounds like her DH was fitting the spare to me, too. You need the correct tools, and if course new tyres to put a new one on. Maybe she decided she didn't have time as the garage kept giving her later times. They could have still quoted her a price?

Or ahe needed ths spare to get to the garage in the first place

HecatePropylaea Sat 17-Nov-12 07:01:18

Yes, probably her partner was fitting the spare tyre so they could get to the garage and get a new one. Easier to get your car to the garage on the spare than get a new tyre to you and fit it outside your house.

sticking the spare on is a temporary measure. After you've had a new tyre you need to balance and track and all that.

alligatorsoup Sat 17-Nov-12 08:00:53

That makes sense - I was thinking how could she get to the garage etc but as I'm not a driver I didn't know that you would put on a spare and still have to get it fixed at the garage. Thanks for replies. I was upset about this because shes a really good friend and I thought she was lying to me.

izzyizin Sat 17-Nov-12 09:13:28

These things happen. Next time carry on with your plans and send her or whoever you're hoping to meet up with directions to the play centre or whatever other venue is on your schedule.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now