Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How do I get an emergency injunction?

(4 Posts)
ClementineKelandra Thu 15-Nov-12 13:54:57

I need to stop my ex from coming around but have no idea how to do this.

itsallinmyhead Thu 15-Nov-12 13:57:04

Your solicitor can petition court for this. Contact your solicitor with the details and request, now!

Good luck

izzyizin Thu 15-Nov-12 14:29:31

You don't need a solicitor to make an ex parte application for a non-molestation Order at your nearest Magistrates or County Court as you can do it yourself.

However, you will need to show due cause why an emergency injuction should be granted and to that end is there is any documented history/police reports or similar of your ex harassing or otherwise intimidating or displaying threatening behaviour towards you?

NotSuchASmugMarriedNow Thu 15-Nov-12 15:09:56

If he is being agressive (including verbally agressive) contact these people

Otherwise, basically, you ask him ONCE not to come round and if he comes round after you've asked him not to you call the police.

What is he coming to your house for?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: