Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I might feel like I'm in panic mode but I won't give in! Not today at least

(11 Posts)
Missdee76 Mon 05-Nov-12 20:39:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Offred Mon 05-Nov-12 20:44:05

You just sound fundamentally incompatible to me, nothing wrong per se with how he's behaving other than it makes you unhappy and stressed out. You can find someone better for you but if you have self esteem problems it would be wise to take some time out from dating to work on yourself.

Rachel130690 Mon 05-Nov-12 20:44:14

Chin up. You deserve better. Not read your previous thread, but you def deserve someone better who treats you right.

I wouldn't be so concerned about the money, although it would of been nice of him to pay for you, but he does seem very selfish to me. He will never change and your better off without him IMO

Offred Mon 05-Nov-12 20:44:55

Not read other thread btw so comment is just on this info.

Missdee76 Mon 05-Nov-12 20:49:56

Rachel130690 Mon 05-Nov-12 20:54:10

Missdee your right but slightly wrong, he will be expecting you to txt him, just like he expects you to run after him. Please be strong and hold out on texting him.

It's tough but once you get out and away, your self esteem and self worth will increase. I no it's not easy but from someone on the other side of this I can completely understand what your going through sad it's horrible but life does get better

Guiltypleasures001 Mon 05-Nov-12 20:54:43

Hi op

He has told you that he knows what he is like..and not everyones cup of tea, take him at his word, stop waiting for him to change, and start changing the negative things about yourself, self esteem issues etc.

Look elsewhere or better still stay single for a while, rest and re group.

Missdee76 Mon 05-Nov-12 21:00:25

Offred Mon 05-Nov-12 21:10:23

I think just being alone is a start, confronting that fear of being alone and by finding out who you are and what you like, removing the distraction of someone else really goes a long way!

tallwivglasses Mon 05-Nov-12 21:18:16

One way to improve your self-esteem is to get rid of what's bringing it down - Your twat of a boyfriend!

Rachel130690 Mon 05-Nov-12 21:50:21

I agree with offred you need to be alone. That way you can focus on yourself. Only when your single can you really start to look at yourself and understand what you need. You need to focus on yourself. I wouldn't think of it as being alone. More of rediscovering yourself.

When I was with my ex, this is exactly how he was from the start, I always did the running after him, I spent the next two plus years giving up everything in my life to please him. I had no friends but luckily I still had my family. I was scared as fuck leaving him as he and his needs was all I knew. But it was the best decision of my life,

Trust yourself

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now