Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Petty, I know, but I am fucking livid.

(9 Posts)
NotAnotherNewNappy Sun 04-Nov-12 19:11:17

DH is a lazy bastard. He knows this, every few months we have a bust up about it and he says he will try. But deep in his bones he is a lazy, selfish, cunting bastard.

We have a big closet which we have both been worried is getting damp. I spotted some mould in there earlier this week so have been taking things out bit by bit (bedding, coats etc) all week. This morning I tackled the last of it - moved all our shoes back into our wardrobes etc. he came up just as I was finishing and seemed to take over the last few bits (boxes of CDs, suitcase of Xmas stuff, tennis rackets etc - tmi I know).

I took the kids out at 12pm, got back at 6pm. Fucking CDs, suitcase, piles of bedding etc all over the fucking bedroom. Why oh why can't he just tidy it up? Why is it such a big deal? Why would I even have to ask him? I stomped, we argued. He seemed to be sorting it out while I gave the kids dinner. I went upstairs to find he had just stuffed the bedding, mouldy suitcase of Xmas stuff, tennis rackets in MY fucking wardrobe shock. Not under the bed or in another cupboard but deliberately crammed in my wardrobe. What an utter fucking shit.

RightUpMyRue Sun 04-Nov-12 19:15:59

I would be livid too.

Put it under his pillow.

BillyBollyBandy Sun 04-Nov-12 19:17:31

Go on strike. Throw away anything you can, dump the rest of the shit in his side of the bed. I can do petty too grin

Lazy and rude imo. I would be seething.

BillyBollyBandy Sun 04-Nov-12 19:18:36

Rue great minds...

Bubblenut Sun 04-Nov-12 19:20:02

That would drive me nuts!!!!

NotAnotherNewNappy Sun 04-Nov-12 19:32:01

I told him he was nasty & spiteful then went and sat in he car sad I wanted to leave him for the night but was too embarrassed to turn up at my mum's or my sister's. Plus, I. Could hear my 19mo DD crying. Lazy fucking bastard.

catsmother Mon 05-Nov-12 08:50:38

I second a strike. He obviously thinks he's far more important than you are and much too "special" to do anything menial. Fine, let him discover how important menial things are when his washing doesn't get done etc. Do you have a shed or a garage ? ..... if so, get a big box and shove anything of his which he won't put away in said box, and out of the way. If he wants it he knows where to find it. Do what you have to do for you and the kids - inevitably this will benefit him too as in you don't want to live with a dirty bathroom for example, even if he made it so, but anything you do for him - stop doing it.

Anniegetyourgun Mon 05-Nov-12 09:26:41

It's not just what he did, is it, it's how it symbolises his whole attitude to you.

BoysBoysBoysAndMe Mon 05-Nov-12 09:32:28

Wrong, as he is, he's never going to change though.

My dh mantra is "why do a job properly and spend a day doing it, when you can bodge job it in half a day"

-drives me MAD!!!

Maybe ask him to take on specific daily or weekly jobs that are just his things to do so he's helping out in some way.

Be it taking the bins out, dishes after dinner, cleaning the car, cleaning the bathroom?

Very spiteful of him though and I would be livid too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now