Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Boyfriend drags his heels with EVERYTHING - what is reasonable to expect this stuff??

(5 Posts)
ConversationConstipation Sun 04-Nov-12 14:55:04

For months now my boyfriend has been talking about:

a) booking a holiday (details in AIBU!)
b) Me meeting his parents
c) Me meeting his kids
d) living together

Then he just goes quiet on it all and of course, if I bring it up - I'm being a bunny boiler.

Just out of curiosity - how long is reasonable to wait before expecting this stuff?(not so much the holiday, but the other stuff) I'm starting to think he's just messing me about!

DontmindifIdo Sun 04-Nov-12 15:02:24

None of these things have a right and wrong answer that's right/wrong for everyone. His timeframes obviously don't work for you. This is going to get harder not easier as your relationship develops. If he's a staller/faffer and you're a doer then it's not going to work, or you will spend 40+ years being annoyed at him.

Life is too short.

AKissIsNotAContract Sun 04-Nov-12 15:05:22

How long have you been together? Do you have children too?

DameFanny Sun 04-Nov-12 15:07:29

If he's accusing you of being a bunny boiler you might as well finish it now - sounds like he wants to keep you on the back foot and doesn't respect you. Sorry.

SamSmalaidh Sun 04-Nov-12 15:13:42

If you've been together for a year+, I'd start wondering why you aren't meeting his family. Living together is a different matter - some people move in together quickly, some wait years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now