Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Is there a thread with those who suspect ASD in their partners?

(4 Posts)
Plackpudding Sat 03-Nov-12 14:54:10

I thought there was but I can't find it.

Wendywishes Sun 04-Nov-12 17:53:20

You are right ,there was-I think it was about suspected Aspergers in partners actually.Funny,I am beginning to suspect my dh is on the spectrum.Our relationship is not great and I am considering leaving but cant quite bring myself to end the marriage eitherconfused. He is just so lacking in emotion,always has been and not great socially either.He is extremely clever,intelligent,articulate etc but doesnt seem to have a clue 'how to relate' in a relationship etc.I am just fed up of feeling so lonely within the marriage.
Our ds,12,was diagnosed with Aspergers 2 yrs ago and because of this I have been constantly reading about ASD etc and am seeing a lot of traits in my dh-not Aspergers but just a bit 'spectrummy'hmm. Hmm,I dont know really but your thread title jumped out at me Plackpudding.

ommmward Sun 04-Nov-12 17:56:09

There's an ongoing quiche, actually - I'll PM you the link

Can you PM me the link too please. I have been thinking this about DH for a while.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now