Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

The hardest thing about heartbreak is loosing a friend.

(4 Posts)
superstarheartbreaker Sat 03-Nov-12 09:52:30

Up until a week ago my ex and I were talking every day and getting on really well. We had alot of shared interests etc. We have split due to distance but I do find the sudden clean break hard to deal with. It's like a void and I really miss his conversation. Hopw can men just switch off like this? We didn't have sex for two months but there was a connection there through skype etc. Now nothing and it hurts even though it's for the best.I am still his friend on facebook but I don't know if that's a good idea although we are both very light facebook users and we are not moaning about lost love on there which is good. I just hurt so much at the moment. Intellectually I know I have to move on but the only way I can cope with the pain right now is by chain smoking.

hoopieghirl Sat 03-Nov-12 10:06:53

No real answer for u I'm afraid my ex of 16 months broke up with me by text 2 weeks ago now won't answer text its as if I never existed and we talked every day as we did not live together . One text then nothing and yes I miss him.

mrscynical Sat 03-Nov-12 11:46:53

I broke up with my ex a month ago and it hurts like hell to lose the friendship (apart from anything else). I really, really liked him but had a niggling feeling that he was not that into me so told him it was over and never to contact me again. However, although I was the dumper so to speak, he is constantly in my thoughts.

I encouraged him in a couple of life-changing decisions and will never know what happened and how he is getting on. He is on a forum I look at regularly so I know when he is on-line but that's about it.

Sometimes people want to cut all contact entirely. It still hurts but, in my mind, I did it so that I can move on more easily. I am pretty sure that he would have wanted to remain friends but it would have been harder for me in the long term - I still have my moments and sometimes feel desperate to contact him - I won't though. I can assure you it is not always the dumped who are heartbroken and still pine for some aspect, if not all, that was part of the relationship.

Hope this helps.

superstarheartbreaker Sun 04-Nov-12 10:56:57

It rpobably is for the best as if we maintain the friendship then we can't move on either. My ex owes me £50. I don't think i will get it back as he hasn't answered my requests but this isn't about money is it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now