Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What would happen if....

(6 Posts)
riamay2011 Fri 02-Nov-12 21:43:43

What would happen if I left my DP?
We have 2 children together that he said the other day if we were ever to split he would fight to the death for them. They are 17 months and 8 months.
We currently live in rented property in my name. I get maternity pay but only until November. I have been paying all the bills and he has been saving his money for a deposit on a house......?? :-/
I am scared if we split I will have nothing I won't be able to afford the house I live in, I can't return to work as I can't afford child care I am afraid he would win in court because of these things. If anyone knows my past with DP then you will understand why I am starting to go in this path.
I don't know what to do my head is a Mess :-(

riamay2011 Fri 02-Nov-12 23:35:10

Bump???

riamay2011 Sat 03-Nov-12 00:06:29

No one??

GupX Sat 03-Nov-12 00:08:10

Hi Rimay,

Didn't want you to go unanswered.

I don't know your background, but I know that you can get good advice here.

Someone will be along soon.

BabylonPI Sat 03-Nov-12 00:09:25

If he left he would surely have to pay maintenance for the DCs and you would be able to claim tax credits, housing benefit, etc etc so would be able to likely stay living where you are now?

NatashaBee Sat 03-Nov-12 00:10:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now