Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

This is driving me mad, what should I do...

(3 Posts)
confusedbyitall Fri 02-Nov-12 21:43:32

Will try to keep it short...
I'm married, have been for a long time. We go through good and bad patches, as I suppose most do. My DH is a good man, good Dad to our 2 young DC. I have fallen out of love with him. I know that if it were not for the DC I would have gone by now.
To complicate things, I have 'fancied' a friend for years, never done anything about it. I recently found out he feels the same.
I don't know what to do, stay with DH for DC and financial reasons or end it.
So confused sad

Hassled Fri 02-Nov-12 21:46:53

If you walk away from your marriage, you have to know that you've done everything in your power to make it work. You don't want any regrets some way down the line - don't get to that no going back point without trying all options.

So - forget the fanciable man. Focus on what you do have. What did you love about your DH? What's changed? How long have you felt out of love? Does he know?

confusedbyitall Fri 02-Nov-12 22:24:29

Thanks hassled. I have been at this point so many times before, DH wants to make it work so I have stayed. DH knows this has reared it's head again, and again wants us to make it work but I really don't think I do. I really don't think I would regret it for me, but would I because of the DC? Will I lose the house? that I would regret for the DC.
The recent knowledge about fanciable man has come about after this latest episode so I know he isn't the cause.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now