Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

When will I want to have sex again?

(4 Posts)
mummyfirsttime Fri 02-Nov-12 18:35:16

My baby is now 11 weeks old and I still dont feel the want to have sex. I think my OH is the same he was interest a few weeks after DH arrived however that urge seems to have passed. Will we ever want to again? i cant see it and very worried as previously had an active sex life.

Any advice or experience much appreciated

BoysBoysBoysAndMe Fri 02-Nov-12 18:38:07

It will come with time, be patient.

Takes a while for you to not be tired all the time, to maybe feel attractive, for hormones to settle etc

It will happen again.

Congratulations on your new baby!

MolotovBomb Fri 02-Nov-12 19:45:51

11 weeks isn't that long, post-partum. The old '6 week' rule puts a lot of pressure on couples, I think. Just let things settle down and it will happen naturally.

Think about it: most couples go on to have at least one more child (than one, I mean) so your mojo does come back. Don't worry x

Mollydoggerson Fri 02-Nov-12 19:53:10

I think i am the exception rather than the rule (tg for everyone else), I had ds1 then wanted another so had sex for that reason. Then was hit by a train by having 2 children very close together, lets just say it took about 3 years to get back to normal.

Things are looking up again now, and I feel I am returning to myself,I didn't have pnd, just exhaustion and a bit overwhealmed by someone constantly sleeping/puking/pooing or sitting on me. I recoiled at dh reaching for me at night.

It passes, and probably sooner if you have some extra support during the day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now