Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

DO I I Facebook now it's confirmed?

(5 Posts)
whateveritakes Thu 01-Nov-12 22:52:05

Right so had had an eight year relationship. Very friendly with all the family including parents and siblings. We broke up and he had relationship with someone else. That broke up we got together again and then he decided he wanted the other woman more than he realised. Unfortunately for him I was already pregnant and decide to keep sprog as too old to abort. Rest of family chose to stick by him when he denies fatherhood (basically because they can't do much else if he denies it)
So 8 years on we have done DNA through CSA to prove he is father. He is.

Do I contact them? Just wait for CSA to sort it and see who gets in touch? I would really like for my child to know her family as they are nice people but who should make the first move ?

SavoyCabbage Thu 01-Nov-12 22:56:03

I would wait for the csa to contact him as he has been a knob so far doing you tell him that you have proof he is still going to be a knob about it.

I would then write to or phone his family and let them know you want to have a relationship with them.

I wouldn't do it on Facebook as it's too open to misinterpretation.

Doha Thu 01-Nov-12 22:59:56

Hope the CSA make him pay 8 years back payments in child maintainance..

ImperialStateKnickers Thu 01-Nov-12 23:00:55

A nice, non-confontational letter to his mum and dad, just to say that you'd be very happy if they could have a grandparent-grandchild relationship with your dc. Agree avoid FB, it's brilliant for some things but I don't think this is one of them.

whateveritakes Thu 01-Nov-12 23:01:03

Sorry I mean to make contact through Facebook rather than making it my status or something. I don't have any other method of contact after 8 years (addresses and phone changes).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now