Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

A happy thread for a change

(8 Posts)
OhEmGee25 Thu 01-Nov-12 21:23:20

It always saddens me how the vast majority of threads in relationships are negative. What about the successful relationships?

I'll start...my man is the best boyfriend/partner I could have ever dreamed of. He's my best friend in the whole world, the most generous and respectful person I've ever met, absolutely wonderful to my dd and treats us both like princesses. He's ambitious, hard working and always makes me laugh. He tells me he loves me several times every day. Oh and he's bloody gorgeous too :D

Now, who's with me?!

itsallinmyhead Thu 01-Nov-12 22:17:58

Looks like you're on your own here grin

Seriously, I'm pretty damn happy with life at the moment too but it's not always a walk in the park, as I'm sure is the same with the majority of MN's.

We tend to come here to offer emotional support & encouragement when we are in a strong position personally & to seek the support & encouragement when we hit a bump in the road...or, very sadly when the sh*t has seriously hit.

I'm really pleased it's all gravy for you, OhEm Long may the good times continue.

Anniegetyourgun Thu 01-Nov-12 23:44:39

Leave the bastard!!!

Oh sorry, isn't it that kind of thread?

ImperialFireworksInMyKnickers Thu 01-Nov-12 23:49:06

It is good to remember that life isn't always shit and not all partners are bastards. I sometimes have to hide Relationships due to the unrelenting and sometimes very distressing misery. But it does help a lot of women and men who are having a bad time.

Here's a toast... to all the kind, thoughtful MNetters who take the time to come to this board and help. wine cheers!

PositiveAttitude Fri 02-Nov-12 00:18:21

Mine's a goodun, too. Been married 24.5 years now. Not always been an easy time, but we have got through tough times together and I love him totally. He is my best friend, the best dad for our 5DC and we are still full of life and love for each other.

NorksAreMessy Fri 02-Nov-12 06:27:38

Kiss the bastard smile

VintageRainBoots Fri 02-Nov-12 06:59:26

I absolutely adore my husband. He's great (balding, but perfect otherwise). He cooks dinner 98% of the time (from scratch!) which is great because my idea of cooking is throwing something into the microwave.

He keeps our daughter entertained (our daughter is definitely a "daddy's girl"). All domestic tasks are evenly shared; none of the sexist women-are-supposed-to-clean-the-house nonsense. He works hard at his job and is super responsible with money. He even pays my credit card bill, never nagging me about the balance blush.

We never fight (though there have been a handful of occasions when we've disagreed on something, but we always settle our differences calmly and rationally as adults should...our home is 100% drama-free grin). We have similar senses of humour, and want the same things in life. We've been married for seven years now, and our marriage just gets better and better as time goes on. I'm so incredibly lucky.

It makes me so sad to read all the threads by other mums whose partners and husbands are so awful to them and their children. Every time I read one of them, I walk over to my husband, kiss him, and tell him how much I love him.

Wait! I just remembered something!

I just remembered one fault of his: When he needs to shit, he always chooses the bathroom in the middle of the house, the one without a window. If he were willing to walk 15 more feet, he could poop in our en suite bathroom with a window, but he never does. As a result, a foul odour lingers in our apartment for about 45 minutes after he's done his business, and I have to hold my breath when walking down the hall.

Oh, well. I guess no one is completely perfect.

PositiveAttitude Fri 02-Nov-12 08:44:06

I will Norks grin

grin Vintage I am sure I could find a annoying habit of DH if I thought about it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now