Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Anything suspicious with this

(12 Posts)
ThoseArentSpiritFingers Tue 30-Oct-12 23:04:03

JUst noticed a message I got on the 21st october, it was in the 'other' folder which is why I didnt get it till now

its from someone I dont know, have no mutual friends etc, and all it says is 'your prick boyfriend has made a fool out of you . you are all over the internet .'

now the only info I can get on facebook on this guy is that he's liked a few pages that are pro English Defence League, which my boyfriend got into a facebook argument with around about that time (I know, stupid etc, but thats not the issue just now) Im guessing that this is someone trying to cause trouble etc, but a part of me is wondering why say that? I actually feel sick even though the rational part of me knows theres nothing to be worried about, at least I hope...

Pancakeflipper Tue 30-Oct-12 23:06:44

They are making trouble. They try to hit people on areas that they guess will hurt.

If you haven't had doubts before then ignore it.

ThoseArentSpiritFingers Tue 30-Oct-12 23:08:19

should I say anything to DP about it?

Pancakeflipper Tue 30-Oct-12 23:10:08

Do you want to show him it?

CuriousMama Tue 30-Oct-12 23:10:11

so have you got a dp or a boyfriend? Does he know this person? If not then why worry? Report it though.

AmberLeaf Tue 30-Oct-12 23:10:37

Sounds like it is designed to cause upset.

Show it to your DP, but I really wouldn't worry about it too much.

AKissIsNotAContract Tue 30-Oct-12 23:16:48

Lots of the EDL fb groups are doing some nasty things with people's profile pics on FB, a few of my mates (who are involved in anti-EDL groups) have had their pics taken and used. Others have been linked to the wrong names etc. could any have been you?

ThoseArentSpiritFingers Tue 30-Oct-12 23:17:48

AKiss, how would I find it if it was?

AKissIsNotAContract Tue 30-Oct-12 23:23:10

I'll pm you

ThoseArentSpiritFingers Tue 30-Oct-12 23:27:00

Thank you smile

DaveMccave Wed 31-Oct-12 00:21:44

Classic idiotic EDL stuff. They are absolute morons. Anyone who goes on their facebook groups and actually tries to talk some sense into them is open to abuse according to them. They take photos of what they call 'commys' and 'lefty's' (anyone that opposes their politics)at anti fascist demo's and put their photos up on websites (check out sites like redwatch to see what I mean). What has happened here is, the idiot has clicked on your boyfriends facebook profile when he commented, the only information he could potentially find from his profile was your name, and then clicked on your profile and got your email and sent you that pathetic attempt of abuse. Make sure your settings and your boyfriends are more secure and don't give it a seconds thought.

LapsedPacifist Wed 31-Oct-12 21:38:35

DS (16) has had numerous run-ins with some of these people, usually after posting responses to FB groups and YouTube rants videos (Ds has very strong political views) He has received some very scary PMs as a result.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now