Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How do I start?

(5 Posts)
piglettsmummy Tue 30-Oct-12 18:50:30

I've been single for 6 months now me and x dint love each there which is why we split.
I have recenty been missing the cuddles at bedtime and nights out ( both I never got with X oh ) But I don't no how to start searching? I'm a young mum, not many friend so I don't go out much I have friends in fb and apart from one I wudnt wana go anywhere with any of the male friends on there how the hell do I meet someone knew? I wasted so long Being with someone I hated ad wud be nice to be with someone who appreciates me smile x

CogitoEerilySpooky Tue 30-Oct-12 20:15:53

I think the best way to start is to widen your social circle (of real people rather than FB) rather than going straight into a manhunt smile If you have a hobby or interest, get together with others who like the same thing and you've instantly got something in common. Have a look in your local newspaper for community events, groups, night-school courses etc. Do you work? Lots of people meet their eventual partner via work.

OpheliaPayneAgain Tue 30-Oct-12 20:35:43

FB can be good. I have a friend who had a succession of rather awful relationships with men she met through work, gave FB a go and reconnected with a lot of school friends she hadn't seen for years, who all still lived within a 5 mile radius. She has a social whirl to envy now. Plus of course all her friends have partners who have unattached male friends - her dance card is chockablock.

But you need to step back, appreciate yourself, get some girl friends with common interests and generally meet people without looking for a bloke. Love pops up in funny places.

piglettsmummy Tue 30-Oct-12 21:00:30

Cogito No I don't work my daughter is disabled so I care for her all but one day a week when she sees
Her dad! sad

MyDonkeysAZombie Wed 31-Oct-12 13:38:03

Hello OP if you want to get out there first and build up some new interests, have you come across a national charity for single parents offering advice and support called Gingerbread. There is a website, they have free factsheets on different issues eg holidays and I've heard mention of local friendship groups. I haven't used them myself but might be worth a look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now