Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Onwards and upwards we go, still sniggering at the sausage seeing the roll Dating thread 26

(1000 Posts)
lubeybooby Mon 29-Oct-12 21:41:29

New one!

All dating related gumph here.

lubeybooby Mon 29-Oct-12 21:42:13

yooohoo everyone

Yogagirl17 Mon 29-Oct-12 21:43:12

Helloooo, I'm here!

OhWesternWind Mon 29-Oct-12 21:43:52

Clocking in . . .

mercury7 Mon 29-Oct-12 21:44:20

wow, a new one already!!!grin

lubeybooby Mon 29-Oct-12 21:44:44

Ah there you are, right am off to catch up with the end of the last one - how did that happen so quick? shock

WarmFuzzyFun Mon 29-Oct-12 21:44:53

Found Ya!
grin

bantamrooster Mon 29-Oct-12 21:47:33

and me too smile

SlightlyConfusedAlwaysMad Mon 29-Oct-12 21:48:02

Hello I'm here, going on my first internet date this week and rather nervous

lubeybooby Mon 29-Oct-12 21:49:10

Sorry I missed the title suggestion by the way... I went to post something and it wasn't accepting messages so I panicked!

<settles down on sofa with cuppa, panic over>

OhWesternWind Mon 29-Oct-12 21:49:38

Confused - do tell all! What's he like, where did you find him, where are you going?

bantamrooster Mon 29-Oct-12 21:49:53

okay, so we have someone looking for a nice bloke near Glasgow, we have someone hoping that not all policemen are nobs, someone else hoping the FWB visit this weekend turns out lovely and more than just benefits. We have me hoping not all student nurses turn out to be insane, which is my general experience. What else..?

lubeybooby Mon 29-Oct-12 21:50:33

Hello Slightly and welcome! So, where are you going, is he/she nice? Are you excited? What will you wear? shock

bantamrooster Mon 29-Oct-12 21:51:09

ooh and we have a new member. Go on, spill all, confused. I should point out I'm a bloke by the way, but have had a huge amount of helpful advice and some piss-taking by people on here since I started OD a couple of months ago.

WarmFuzzyFun Mon 29-Oct-12 21:52:19

Bant, have we not 'feminised' you a little bit too?wink

lubeybooby Mon 29-Oct-12 21:52:50

bantam we have me, miserable on the sofa due to cancelled plans this week and weekend and a cold sore. Unrelated, though probably a good job seeing as cold sore seems to be growing by the hour. Boo hiss

OhWesternWind Mon 29-Oct-12 21:53:08

So . . . we have me going on date eight or some such on Thursday with lovely man, having dinner and hopefully a chance for the sausage to see the roll!

Not sure if this is still OD or if it's moved into the territory of being Something Else - I suspect it has but I'm reluctant to name it in case I jinx it <silly mare>

Yogagirl17 Mon 29-Oct-12 21:53:20

Bantam don't forget your Saffrican (and there was another one too I believe...?). Plus Voldemort & the Pirate are history and MadameO is no longer OD as she has a DP now!

OhWesternWind Mon 29-Oct-12 21:54:17

Bantam you are getting very girly with your Oohs and your fondness for gossip. Just saying . . .

WarmFuzzyFun Mon 29-Oct-12 21:54:41

We have me, happily bouncing around! Not looking for a LTR, having short term fun!

But taking notes re: proper relationships etc....

lubeybooby Mon 29-Oct-12 21:56:22

The not so single and not dating are welcome here also, a la Zany, MadameO, Me, Fate, and anyone else who coupled up/has a 'thing' going on/etc - we need the wisdom! And the ones who are 'on sofa' and either can't face or can't be bothered to date at the moment. All pile in! More the merrier and all that.

SlightlyConfusedAlwaysMad Mon 29-Oct-12 21:56:36

I met him on pof a few days ago and we have been messaging and non stop texting since that. It's very fast but a rare night away from dd was offered so decided why not. I may be regretting that now lol. We are going to dinner and cinema, he's coming straight from work and will be suited and booted so I need to dress up eek

Pixiebelle123 Mon 29-Oct-12 21:59:15

Mantra: I will not text fwb. I will not text fwb. Ah, bugger it, I probably will.

OhWesternWind Mon 29-Oct-12 21:59:51

Well, that all sounds good so far! It's a sound plan to meet up quickly, stops things getting built up in your head into something/someone that doesn't exist in reality, and you can see if you actually click in real life.

WarmFuzzyFun Mon 29-Oct-12 22:00:51

pixie, don't text him, just don't

This thread is not accepting new messages.