Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dating Etiquette and Internet Dating Advice

(5 Posts)
SlightlyConfusedAlwaysMad Mon 29-Oct-12 21:34:19

I'm going to dinner and a movie this week with someone I met on a dating site.

I plan on telling a friend where I'm going, he's number and setting up a check in time. Any other precautions I should think off?

Also he asked me out so does that mean he's paying or should I expect to go halos? Would it be rude to ask?

SlightlyConfusedAlwaysMad Mon 29-Oct-12 21:35:12

Half's obviously not halos lol

hatesponge Mon 29-Oct-12 21:39:54

Meet in a public place, dont let him come to your house to collect you.

Listen to your instincts - if he seems a bit odd, or full on, or makes you feel uncomfortable then just make an excuse and leave. Claim an emergency at home or something.

Make sure you have enough money with you to cover dinner (if he's asked I imagine he would pay - I'd still offer though although not press it if he said it was on him) and your journey home.

Try and enjoy it though, I realise the above may sound a bit doom and gloom!

lubeybooby Mon 29-Oct-12 21:43:41

What sponge said, oh and new dating thread here www.mumsnet.com/Talk/relationships/1599741-Onwards-and-upwards-we-go-still-sniggering-at-the-sausage-seeing-the-roll-Dating-thread-26

SlightlyConfusedAlwaysMad Mon 29-Oct-12 21:44:09

Thank you. If I know I've covered the doom and gloom I will be more able to relax and enjoy myself hopefully.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now