Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

DH left, feel upset for feeling OK

(4 Posts)
whyisthepathsounclear Sun 28-Oct-12 21:43:37

If you get what I mean?

I have been up and down, but I have lasted ALL day today without having a mini breakdown and sobbing into one of his tee shirts and now I feel weird about feeling OK.
I can't possibly be coming to terms with it already? It has only been a week!
Did anybody else go through this? What comes next?
I have never felt so many emotions in such a short space of time.

HopeThisIsRight Sun 28-Oct-12 22:56:39

I kicked DH out a week ago and I too have felt guilty about not feeling guilty (if you know what I mean!!) had the BIG talk today but I'm still not feeling guilty and he's still out! One day at a time .... If the relationship is worth it then you two will work it out - if not then its onwards and upwards

ErikNorseman Mon 29-Oct-12 05:27:44

It comes and goes! You will have bad days and good days for a fair while to come. Your feelings at this point are not definitive, but it's a good sign - maybe it was the right decision?

CogitoEerilySpooky Mon 29-Oct-12 06:23:09

What you're feeling is normal. You're cycling through ups and downs and currently you're in an 'up' phase. Make the most of this to address practical matters and take a few steps forward because, at any time and without warning, you could find yourself feeling down again. I agree with the PP that, at some level, you either feel relief that he's gone or that it was the right decision for some reason.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now