Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What do you think?

(4 Posts)
flowerbag Sun 28-Oct-12 19:54:58

Not sure if I am being oversensitive here but on Friday I overheard my ds 6 ask my dd 8 if her teacher was nice, she replied yes and he said I wish she was my mummy, not sure where it came from as I had picked them up from school and everything was fine we were having fun. He is a very happy witty loving boy and I would scold him but it never seems to bother him. I did ask him why he said it and tried to act like it meant nothing to me his reply was a shrug of his shoulders and said "don't know". He has been asking me recently am I cross with him and I answer honestly yes if he has done something or no with a smile if not.
I also overheard my dd 8 playing with her dolls the mummy doll told her daughter that she no longer wanted her to live at home ( i have never ever said this to any of my children). I asked her why she was playing the game and she said it was from a tv show (tracey beaker).
I am worried that I maybe to blame for their outbursts although I try to be the best I can I know sometimes I am short tempered with them, My dh thinks its nothing and I am oversensitive as they are happy confident children.

JammySplodger Sun 28-Oct-12 20:04:53

It might simply be something they've overheard in the playground or (like with Tracey Beaker) from the telly.

If they're generally happy I wouldn't worry, but keep gently chatting if they mention that sort of thing again.

amillionyears Sun 28-Oct-12 20:07:53

dd, shouldnt worry,she is just picking things up from a tv show.
ds,you could just have a gentle conversation with him sometime about your dds teacher.Just things like,what is she like,what do you like about her. All in all,everything seems fine.

MajesticWhine Sun 28-Oct-12 20:40:41

I think you're being a bit over sensitive. Because two things happened close together it's making you feel concerned, which is only natural, but it sounds like you have nothing to worry about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now