Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

He wont give daughter back HELP

(8 Posts)
peepomum Sun 28-Oct-12 08:30:55

Long time lurker, Bit of background, partner has been quite controlling finally standing my ground but all hell broke lose as I went out on friday. Then the you have been with another man crap starts etc... cut a long story short he asked to have DD yesterday. He has now turnt his phone off and sent me an email saying not to bother collecting her because he wont hand her over? What shall I do? Would the police help??

Sargesaweyes Sun 28-Oct-12 08:32:01

I would say phone the police

ErikNorseman Sun 28-Oct-12 08:33:23

Is he your partner or your ex partner?
I think you need to get some legal advice ASAP. I don't know if the police will help, you could try, but I think they tend to stay out as long as the child is with one of their parents.
Good luck

diddlediddledumpling Sun 28-Oct-12 08:37:56

Could you go round to collect her as arranged, as if you haven't seen the email? Then if he refuses (which he hasn't actually done yet, just said he will) phone the police while on his doorstep?
I realise this might be potentially upsetting for your dd, but equally it may be that he lets her go with you when you call his bluff.
Get your facts straight re. your rights before you go, if she's normally resident with you them he has no right to change that arrangement, I think (but not an expert).
Good luck, and well done for standing up to him.

OpheliaPayneAgain Sun 28-Oct-12 08:40:41

Does he had joint parental responibility? and do you have a residence order?

fluffygal Sun 28-Oct-12 08:41:44

Is he on the birth certificate? If not, call the police. If he is, he has every right to keep her (by law) and the police can't do anything. You would need to apply for an emergency residence order to get her back.

fluffygal Sun 28-Oct-12 08:42:43

Unless you already have a residence order, if he is breaching it call the police.

sleepyMe12 Sun 28-Oct-12 08:47:54

Thanks for your replys.He is on the birth certificate. I know he wont let me have her, She normally stays with me. He is only doing this out of spite. He caused so much trouble last time I managed to get away, asssualted my mum etc. Im gonna look into the order now thanks xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now