Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Here's hoping this is the last thread about this issue!

(2 Posts)
ICZim Fri 26-Oct-12 18:26:49

Dear wise ladies,

I need your help. Here are the threads I previously posted on this issue: http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/relationships/1562378-I-want-to-divorce-feel-guilty-about-telling-him-long-ish

and: http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/relationships/1591338-Hoping-praying-Im-not-carrying-DHs-baby-even-though-I-desperately-want-a-child

I don't know how to make the threads all tidy.

Anyway, my period came and I thought I would leave at the end of this month. Yesterday he came upstairs - I work nights so I was sleeping - and complained about the housework not being done. He's very particular about the housework and he would rather I did the house than say, study for instance. I'm working so I can pay for my tuition fees; the joys of being an international student.

Nonetheless, I've told him on the days that I don't work, I will do the housework but still he feels the need to tell me to do the housework when he leaves home. So yesterday, I told him I wanted a divorce. He doesn't believe me.

Now he says we should go to counselling, and perhaps in the future, we could even have a baby. The problem is, and I've told him so, it's a bit too much too late now. I don't want no counselling and I don't want his babies. Not now - I'm just tired of his incessant demands and nit-picking and so....

Am I being demanding? Is this what relationships are anyway and I should just be grateful? But since when does the word "gratitude" make way into a marriage?

This is very long, I know. I need your wise words. Thank you

Yama Fri 26-Oct-12 18:31:47

I wouldn't stay with anyone who tried to treat me like an employee.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now