Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Well..

(10 Posts)
xmasevebundle Tue 23-Oct-12 23:10:16

I dont talk to my babys father nor his mum, hes done fuck all during my pregnancy and been threatening towards me.

I messaged his sister today, saying your going to be an aunty. She repiled say yeah i know congrats, then says, heres my number for coffee or tea. Asking what sex and asking if i still talk to my ex.

I sat and though about it all, i told her for a few reason's. She deserved to no(as far i was aware she never knew), so did his dad and nan. He told me he has ONLY told his mum.

She then said, you only live around the corner from each other. When she means corner, I mean 30 sec walk!!!!

Little does she no, her 'brother' told me to abort her nephew, made me struggle and me feel so small.

I dont think i will message her again, as she knew i was pregnant and didnt ask previously, also thought hes denied the baby yet she still nos?

I have met her once, when me and my ex babysitted for her DC, whom are very well behaved and well manned. Shes a far cry from him! Her and his dad are very lovely people.

Shame ex and the mother arent, i guess as hes a mummys boy! I rest my case grin

Bogeyface Tue 23-Oct-12 23:31:10

I am slightly at a loss as to why you messaged her at all, given that you barely know her.

Are you sure you are still at the "fuck him" stage? Or have you moved to "fuck him up" by making sure everyone knows what he did?

You are on a hiding to nothing. Regardless of how good or otherwise some of his family may be, he is a loser and you dont need him. Step away from them and focus on your baby and not the drama that will ensue from engaging with them.

puds11 Tue 23-Oct-12 23:34:30

I think you are doing the right thing being without him if he is a useless fuck, you will be surprised at the support baby groups can offer. I think you are incredibly brave going it alone and i have the up most admiration for you.

xmasevebundle Wed 24-Oct-12 00:07:15

I messaged her, because she deserved to no, its a part of her family too.

I have not told anyone what he has done to me, he has to live with that not me.

I think 'fuck him up' he has already done himself, not being here etc.

I dont need to fuck his life up, it already is!

Thank you, i had the support from my mum and dad. Been tough but i wouldn't change it!

lucyellenmum Wed 24-Oct-12 00:15:14

how old are you OP?

Im glad you are getting support from your parents, its all you need. Don't contact him or his family again.

FWIW i had DD1 when i was 19 and her "sperm doner" didnt want to know - you know what, his loss, shes 22 now and im so so proud of her. She has never once asked after him, why should she, she had a loving family.

xmasevebundle Wed 24-Oct-12 00:35:37

Im 19.

I dont feel i have done the wrong thing, its pissed me off that she knew but didnt bother?

Its his loss everytime my DS kicks me, scans and even the birth. I guess you learn from your past.

I wouldn't call him a sperm doner, he is known as 'it' to me. DS has me and i have a lot of love for him grin

solidgoldbrass Wed 24-Oct-12 00:42:06

It may be the case that in the future you might be able to build a friendly relationship with some members of your XP's family as they will be your DS' relatives. However, better not to pursue it at the moment if this XP is aggressive and threatening. Concentrate on your pregnancy and on your baby when he's born.

UltraBOF Wed 24-Oct-12 00:45:41

Good advice from solidgoldbrass.

mrkidd85 Sat 27-Oct-12 17:41:47

Telling you to abort a child when you're not in a relationship is hardly a bad thing is it?

PixieHot Sat 27-Oct-12 17:49:48

hmm kidd, that's helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now