Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Hat wars and soup-er dates, let the sausage see the roll... The Online Dating Thread reaches 25!

(1000 Posts)
Yogagirl17 Tue 23-Oct-12 16:17:56

Erm...hope nobody minds?

OhWesternWind Tue 23-Oct-12 16:20:08

I am wondering what will unfold on this thread by the time we get to 1000! So much potential for change and excellent things to happen/carry on for lots of us. Here's to all the thread and happy 25th!

FateLovesTheFearless Tue 23-Oct-12 16:20:51

-> X

smile

MacAndCheese Tue 23-Oct-12 16:21:14

Yay! My title! grin

<easily pleased>

ParsleyTheLioness Tue 23-Oct-12 16:21:20

Let the sausage see the roll. That was one of my charmers! They are not getting any better. A waste of hundred Earth Pounds so far...

bantamrooster Tue 23-Oct-12 16:25:33

So can someone summarise everyone's current dating position at the start of this thread so people joining don't have to wade back to the Pirate thread to know what's going on? I'd do it but I'm meant to be working from home and having enough guilt about reading it..

Yogagirl17 Tue 23-Oct-12 16:26:01

So, just wanted to say don't go getting all swoony over scientists. Nice & normal is fine, as is geeky but trust me, "scientists" have their share of flaws too! XH was a scientist. Which meant he was very smart and very funny and could fix anything technical/IT related and do a good job with all our finances and plan a holiday down to the last second. We were never late getting anywhere. He wasn't lazy or flighty or absentminded (he could remember dates of concerts he went to in 1986) and he had an answer for everything. On the down side - he had an answer for everything. He could never be wrong, or lose an argument. He refused to talk about feelings. Ever. (Stupid idea because talking about feelings doesn't change anything so why bother). He was arrogant and selfish and looked down on everyone who wasn't literally a rocket scientist. Even GPs & consultants didn't rate - they weren't real doctors. To be a real doctor you had to have a PhD (like him). Meh.

MacAndCheese Tue 23-Oct-12 16:26:19

I know Parsley I bloody love it. I might do a google search for more Take Me Out lines smile

Yogagirl17 Tue 23-Oct-12 16:26:49

Glad you are happy Mac (sorry I changed it just a little)! smile

bantamrooster Tue 23-Oct-12 16:30:32

Ha! Rocket scientists..

www.youtube.com/watch?v=THNPmhBl-8I

KirstyWirsty Tue 23-Oct-12 16:34:33

Just marking my spot .. although I am very tempted to sign up for OD now as couple of dates with Mr Cheeky left me hungry for more wink

ParsleyTheLioness Tue 23-Oct-12 16:35:17

Mac and user names are interesting...you can a lot about a guy. Willywantsbunny was a no-go for obvious reasons....

FateLovesTheFearless Tue 23-Oct-12 16:36:17

Ponders over the username parsleythelioness grin

ParsleyTheLioness Tue 23-Oct-12 16:36:28

I am thinking about putting some of the funny stuff on my blog, but don't know if I want to go there.

TimeForMeAndDD Tue 23-Oct-12 16:36:35

Hey all smile

Still on the sofa, using all my energy to find a job rather than a man but had a quick scan of the thread(s) and popped in to say Snape, am thinking of you and hope all goes well with PM this evening, sending positive vibes your way. And Watch, hope your first day went well, I've been thinking of you too.

Hope everyone else is ok and that dating/non dating is going well.

ParsleyTheLioness Tue 23-Oct-12 16:36:58

From Parsley on The Herbs!

MadameOvary Tue 23-Oct-12 16:37:30

Found you!
<waves to everyone>

MadameOvary Tue 23-Oct-12 16:38:21

Oh gawd. You want to hear the worst username ever?

bantamrooster Tue 23-Oct-12 16:40:56

MadameO - yes. Unless it's mine

MadameOvary Tue 23-Oct-12 16:42:47

Oh no. Yours is fine, believe me.
It is:
<deep breath>
Bellinquim
I shit you not.

ParsleyTheLioness Tue 23-Oct-12 16:45:56

Ah, you beat me Madame !

bantamrooster Tue 23-Oct-12 16:47:00

nah, that's fine. You're probably underestimating the guy. I think it's actually Latin for 'I'm a tosspot'

MadameOvary Tue 23-Oct-12 16:50:57

Parsley have you seen this charmer too?
Bantam I actually recoiled when I read it properly.

bantamrooster Tue 23-Oct-12 16:55:40

MadameO it both depresses me that there are blokes out there who use names like that, and makes me feel better about the competition I'm up against. Although my username has some people thinking I'm just after cybersex apparently.

ParsleyTheLioness Tue 23-Oct-12 16:57:02

Madame, I posted on the other thread about him. He must be putting himself about. I am on Match Affinity.

This thread is not accepting new messages.