Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Online Dating Advice

(5 Posts)
BloominBaker Tue 23-Oct-12 12:52:26

Hiya, I have been reading mumsnet for a while but haven’t felt the need to post before!

I have decided to get back out there and try out online dating, can anyone recommend some good free sites? (I have heard that plenty of fish full of idiots!)

A friend recommenced twocanmeet.com but I'm not sure about not being able to message people before meeting them. Any other suggestions?

THANKS!

SorryMyLollipop Tue 23-Oct-12 13:59:24

Fully recommend messaging before meeting - meet with extreme caution!!

Never tried a free site, only a paid one, worked for me!

General advice is to meet up soon if you feel a connection, otherwise too much time for a fantasy to build up. Get a PAYG phone and use this to contact people with as it protects you from potential future stalkers etc.

Other than that, have fun, keep an open mind etc

SorryMyLollipop Tue 23-Oct-12 14:00:59

Oh, and obviously meet in public, pref during the day for a coffee to start with (less pressure) and tell a friend where you will be/ which website you used etc just to cover yourself

lubeybooby Tue 23-Oct-12 14:10:57

okcupid.com is better than PoF smile

izzyizin Tue 23-Oct-12 14:27:19

You need this thread and its soon-to-be successor which will be no.25 in the online dating saga series: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/relationships/1588508-Red-shoes-charming-lesbians-and-pirates-with-taste-Dating-Thread-24

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now