Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

8 months pregnant. Is he messing around?

(12 Posts)
Thiscantbereal Sun 21-Oct-12 22:12:59

I've been with DP for 8 years and am four weeks away from having our first child. He was on the iPad just now logged in to his email when I saw several from 'Meet Me' which sounds like some kind of dating website. One of the subject lines was 'someone has asked you a question'.

I should have confronted him there and then but I just froze. I don't know what to do or think. Help sad

tallwivglasses Sun 21-Oct-12 22:24:44

Hmm, well, just googled it - it looks like a professional and friendship networking site - but there are 'romance' sections. Has anything else given you cause for concern?

Thiscantbereal Sun 21-Oct-12 22:27:59

Several years ago he signed up to dating websites when he was with me. My gut is screaming that something is wrong about this.

Bogeyface Sun 21-Oct-12 22:38:44

If he has form, then probably he is up to something.

Ime, pregnancy can be a catalyst for this kind of thing. Just look at the forum tonight at the number of pregnant or new mothers that have been cheated on, myself included sad

What you do is up to you, but I would be snooping like nobodys business now. Can you get hold of his phone?

Arthurfowlersallotment Sun 21-Oct-12 22:53:07

Can you search for him on that site and see what you're dealing with?

OneMoreGo Sun 21-Oct-12 23:08:25

Absolutely DON'T confront him at this early stage, gather more info first. The one thing I have learned from reading threads like this on MN sad

happyAvocado Sun 21-Oct-12 23:25:24

I just logged in to MeetMe via FB - it looks to me like an extention of FB where I can myself see only one of my friends, I know she is single, perhaps she has logged at some point in like me.
You can ask your friends questions. I could ask here (but I coulf on FB as well), I guess you make friends through this site. So I would say - he should let you see who his friends on it are and what kind of communication he had with them.

happyAvocado Sun 21-Oct-12 23:53:53

also you can extend it to be a dating site.... (if you want to)

deliasmithy Mon 22-Oct-12 01:32:07

I would not suggest confronting, but could you gain access to his FB to check if he's on it? If he was, an option could be to block it on his profile, or 'remove' that app.

What about having a 'casual' conversation along the lines of I saw when you were on your emails messages from meet me or something, is that a new social network like Twitter?? (or something to feign innocence) and see what his reaction is.

It could easily be nothing. It could be a minor thing. It could be a thing. The chances are its nothing. If he was being dodgy why on earth is he looking at dodgy emails in front of you? It's important to not get yourself overly stressed at this stage if your pregnancy. Is this something you could deal with after the birth?

Mayisout Mon 22-Oct-12 01:38:42

Well, does he have v late nights out or days away regularly where he could be meeting up with someone. Otherwise it just could be flirting on a dating site, not good but something you could maybe discuss (ie say you are not happy and if it continues he could be landed with maintenance payments / living alone / watching baby whilst you go out on dates and he needs to be more considerate.

cynister Mon 22-Oct-12 01:44:08

How dreadfully stressful this must be for you. I had a very similar situation when I was also 8 months pregnant. I simply cannot abide the tension, so I did confront him. My DP, now dh, admitted to trying to arrange a liaison. I was so sick and hurt. I almost left him, but decided to give him another chance.
I still have very bad memories of that time in our relationship.

happyAvocado Mon 22-Oct-12 22:18:34

I just checked ann on my Timeline it says - "friends I've made in Meet me" and there it lists my only friend from FB who I was there associated with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now