Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Hold my hand please- picking last of my stuff up from XP tomorrow

(8 Posts)
BlueSuedeWitchesHat Sat 20-Oct-12 20:15:21

I posted a while back about potentially meeting up with my XP and the end of our (possibly EA) relationship. He wanted to see me. I didn't. I was advised not to. So I didn't. (I was BlueSuedeStiletto then, but I've got my Halloween costume on for the mo!)

However, things have been taken out of my hands- even though it's been over a year, I still have stuff at his flat. I just couldn't bring myself to go and get it. BUT now stupid bastarding cuntbadger wanksock Specsavers have gone and dilivered my contact lenses to his flat instead of my new address by mistake.

So, I've agreed to go and pick them- and my stuff- up.

I'm dreading it like I'd dread going to the dentist naked and being forced to listen to Justin Beiber on repeat while having a root canal.

Hold my hand please sad

RandomMess Sat 20-Oct-12 20:17:38

have you got someone who can go with you and be "waiting in the car as you're on your way out?"

BlueSuedeWitchesHat Sat 20-Oct-12 20:23:58

Not really- best friend is away for the weekend, old flatmate recently moved away, new flatmate on exercise with air cadets, mum at work, dad doesn't "do" awkward. Only potential option is my sister who hates XP with a fiery passion and can't really be counted on to keep her mouth shut!

Also I kind of feel like it's something I need to do alone IYSWIM?

RobynRidingHood Sat 20-Oct-12 20:26:00

Provided you have given specsavers your address - demand they reissue the order to your proper address. This isn't your problem, don't make it your problem and don't see him.

lobsterclaw Sat 20-Oct-12 20:34:31

It's ok, take a deep breath and get it over with smile

I understand how nervewracking it is but it will all be over shortly and soon enough you will be walking shakily and relieved to your car with your contacts clutched in your hand!

BlueSuedeWitchesHat Sat 20-Oct-12 20:40:38

Robyn believe me, I have done this. You wouldn't believe the conversation I had with them today. Apparently I didn't make it clear enough that my WHOLE address had changed, not just the billing address. Would have been an AIBU if i was brave enough but I only delurked in July so not so much!

If it was just the lenses it's be ok, but he has a lot of my biiks and quite a lot of my "loft items"- childhood soft toys, photos, diarys- stuff I want back. I don't want him to finally get the hump and chuck it all!

mummytime Sat 20-Oct-12 20:56:45

Just find someone to sit in the car, doesn't have to be a best friend. Anyone you work with, friend of your Mother's, stunning gay hairdresser - please try to get some RL moral support.

BlueSuedeWitchesHat Sat 20-Oct-12 21:04:07

I think it's a bit too late! I think it'll be ok, I'm just not sure if he's gonna want to talk about stuff. Plus the last time I was him he looked terrible and I felt so bad confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now