Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I think Jahmene Douglas from Xfactor is so brave in sharing his story

(11 Posts)
Serendipity30 Sat 20-Oct-12 17:16:30

This story made me cry, it just shows how much domestic violence affects children, on the show he is so shy and has such low confidence. Brave of his mother to leave

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2220581/Every-day-I-thought-Im-going-die-today-X-Factors-Jahmene-Douglas-reveals-father-killed-mother-blowtorch.html

Serendipity30 Sat 20-Oct-12 17:17:06

sorry about the link www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2220581/Every-day-I-thought-Im-going-die-today-X-Factors-Jahmene-Douglas-reveals-father-killed-mother-blowtorch.html

lubeybooby Sat 20-Oct-12 17:40:03

sad poor thing

ZiggyPlayedGuitar Sat 20-Oct-12 17:44:43

Poor thing sad I've had a soft spot for him since his first audition. It's that little nervous laugh after everything he says, so cute and vulnerable.

Hope he goes far in life, he's got a lovely voice

Mumsyblouse Sat 20-Oct-12 17:59:01

I haven't read the article, sounds horrendous. I feel so sorry for him, he has been left with the scars of living in fear, his nervous laugh is really telling and he has a very sad face. I hope the X factor, or indeed anything (nice partner, new job, different life) marks a new chapter for him, he's one of life's sweeties.

BeingBooyhoo Sat 20-Oct-12 18:06:40

that poor family! his mum should be so proud that he has turned out such a lovely person. absoloutely sickening that he and his family had to go trhough that.

Serendipity30 Sat 20-Oct-12 18:09:01

Now i understand why he always appears so nervous sad , it makes sense now he is very brave, apparently his mother now works for Womens Aid

Serendipity30 Sat 20-Oct-12 18:11:11

The article says his father was extremely violent to his mother and to him and his siblings, his father was eventually jailed for a horrific attack on his mother for nine years, they had to move and change their names for their own safety. Unfortunately one of his brothers was so traumatized that he committed suicide sad

SilveryMoon Sat 20-Oct-12 18:13:27

Wow. That is a shocking story. That poor family sad
Good for Jahmene for following his dreams.
Must be such a strong strong lad.
So sad about his brother.

Haahoostory Sat 20-Oct-12 19:01:31

I hope the x factor sends him on a really positive new path.

Serendipity30 Sat 20-Oct-12 20:57:06

I hope so too, he seems like he has a good relationship with the rest of his family, very positive. Show you can achieve against all odds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now