Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Beyond the point of caring?

(4 Posts)
xmasevebundle Fri 19-Oct-12 00:11:39

Me and my ex was together for 8 months i fell pg he told me to abort it, called it a bastard, from when i found out at 10w until 19w it was hell.

After all whats happened 30w pregnant single and only being 19. Doing everything myself

Its made me think why the hell did i cry all those nights to sleep and through out the day.

It came to a point about 28w, i dont care about him anymore. If he wanted to he would be here, it shows what kind of person he really is.

I will NEVER forgive him for what hes done to me, but i have forgot about it. I still get annoyed he still didn't help but he has no choice when DS is born(CSA payments)

I thought i wouldn't say this as i always saw it as my loss but really its his.

Has anyone else felt like this? What did it feel like after the DC was born?

bushymcbush Fri 19-Oct-12 00:19:56

I have no experience but I just wanted to say good for you xmas.

I remember your earlier threads and you sound 100% stronger. You are going to be a fabulous mum - you can do this without the waste of space, and you are in fact much better off without him.

You're absolutely right - his loss. Not yours.

CogitoErgoSometimes Fri 19-Oct-12 08:36:11

You're in a highly emotional & stressful situation and you've had a very bad shock and been treated very badly. What you'll find is that you'll cycle through periods of being totally calm and not caring at all about your ex.... other times you'll feel very angry or very happy... .and there will be times when you're quite upset again. When people talk about a 'rollercoaster of emotions' these big ups and downs are what they mean.

When your baby is born don't be surprised to find they resemble your ex in some way. If can be challenging to have a mini version of him gazing at you from the crib. There will be nights when you're all alone feeding your baby at 2am, sat in the dark, and your mind wanders a little. At those moments you're just as likely to feel regrets about what might have been as you are to feel huge contentment & pride about making the decision you made.

In short, expect to experience a wide range of emotions but, as long as you keep your face forward and make the most of your life, you will be fine.

mrsfuzzy Fri 19-Oct-12 08:44:57

for a young person you've endured a lot of rubbish and gained a wealth of experience, you stuck to your guns and are having your baby with or with help that takes alot of strength and determination, you will be o.k, take each day as it comes and take care of yourself for the sake of your little one, do you have family support or may be a close friend who can help you, when you need a boost? wishing you all the best for the future.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now