Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Will probably be shot down in flames but............

(11 Posts)
Cantthinkofafunnynickname Thu 18-Oct-12 20:21:12

are they any other bi moms who fancy a chat?

Im not lesbian so dont really fit into that thread so thought Id ask on here

hope to hear from some of you soon who are in the same boat (married or not)

tiredofwaitingforitalltochange Thu 18-Oct-12 22:57:00

Bump.

OneMoreGo Thu 18-Oct-12 23:09:14

There was someone who posted a v similar thread not long ago. The lesbian thread I'm sure would welcome you with open arms, don't be shy!
If this is even real hmm

Cantthinkofafunnynickname Fri 19-Oct-12 10:55:02

Its real - but as I said Im not a lesbian so dont belong in that thread!!!

OneMoreGo Fri 19-Oct-12 13:23:41

I am bi and did very well in that thread grin under a different name. Don't set up divides where there are none, introduce yourself to them and see how it goes. I'm sure they'll be lovely.

Cantthinkofafunnynickname Mon 22-Oct-12 13:22:01

guess not!!! oh well

Offred Mon 22-Oct-12 13:26:38

I don't get what you want to chat about though?

Offred Mon 22-Oct-12 13:30:07

It's a bit weird, why do you want to talk to "bi moms" particularly and what about? If you want a chat why not to everybody? If you want to talk about a specific issue can you please clarify what that issue is and why you only want responses from people who are both bisexual and mothers cos I don't actually understand what you are asking/expecting?

Offred Mon 22-Oct-12 13:35:22

And why is it a "boat"?

Cantthinkofafunnynickname Mon 22-Oct-12 13:42:10

Well how do they find it? do people discriminate? How do your family feel about it? does any1 know? Countless questions

Offred Mon 22-Oct-12 20:01:19

How do people find being bisexual and being a mother? Erm... I don't know, I don't have anything to compare it with since I've never been gay or straight and a mother. I don't feel like it has any impact on my being a mother.

People judge you whatever you do and whoever you are.

My parents made it clear they do not "believe" in bisexuality, it is just confusion/greed/promiscuity and are catholic and I don't see the point in telling them unless necessary as it is none of their business. I have married a man, suppose i have made conscious decisions not to meet significant women probably to avoid this argument. I suppose that might make some people unhappy, I'm perfectly happy with my husband because being bisexual is not about wanting to have sex with both genders but not being particularly bothered by gender if you are attracted to someone. If however I had met a significant women to be in a marriage with then I'd have told my family.

Some people know, most people not. I guard it because it is not anyone's business.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now