Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Is this controlling behaviour?

(5 Posts)
devonsmummy Wed 17-Oct-12 18:26:14

DS had football tonight.
DH isn't always home on time to take him so I go with dd
DH said yesterday he'd finish work early to take him.
He walks through the door & the kids are excited and say yeah dads taking us to football!
DH says no I'm taking DS not dd.
Big pouty lip from dd ...
DH says well I'll take DS but if she (dd) wants to come we're all going (meaning me too!)
We are away on Friday & I was planning on sorting the ironing while they were all out!
Anyway after I moaned he begrudgingly took dd but kept muttering to her - you can't come home you have to stay there'll be no mummy!
So is it controlling (or attempting to be)

mum11970 Wed 17-Oct-12 18:29:50

Not controlling to me, just a bloke who rather not take dd along to a football match because it means he'll have to watch her, keep her entertained or put up with her getting fed up and wanting to go home.

tiredofwaitingforitalltochange Wed 17-Oct-12 18:31:44

Yes of course it's controlling, but worse than that it's really cruel and abusive to your daughter.

He's using her to make you do something, but he's also rejecting her by refusing to take her unless you come too. Which must make her feel like shit.

Oh, and telling her unless she does something 'there'll be no mummy' is horrible, horrible, horrible.

devonsmummy Wed 17-Oct-12 18:31:49

Should have said its in a s hook gym so enclosed & no chance of her wandering off & there are other girls that she plays with whilst there

izzyizin Wed 17-Oct-12 18:33:45

Gross twattishness on his part. Next time take the dc to football yourself and leave him home with a mahoosive list of chores the ironing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now