Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Book recommendations for friend whose husband has cheated?

(4 Posts)
MaBaya Tue 16-Oct-12 20:21:20

Dont want to say too much, other a dear friend has just discovered her Husband has been having a fairly long affair and has a 'secret' child with the other woman. She has lots of support from friends, but I do feel she would benefit from something outside of that. Are there any books she could read to give her strength and advice?

Dryjuice25 Wed 17-Oct-12 00:11:12

She needs to get rid of this love rat and having friends who care in rl will help her immensely too. Not sure which book will help her though

MadAboutHotChoc Wed 17-Oct-12 07:21:47

Normally we advise people to read Not Just Friends by Shirley Glass but in this case, I very much doubt it will help.

She really needs to get legal advice though.

CogitoErgoSometimes Wed 17-Oct-12 07:42:18

I think the main strength and advice she should get is in the form of a lawyer. She cannot read her way out of shock, grief or anger... she can only work through it in her own way and her own time. It'll be what it'll be.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now