Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I want to tell all ye mumsnetters about my husband...

(25 Posts)
StandYourGround Tue 16-Oct-12 19:21:54

I'll try not to make it too barftastic.

We had fertility test as we could not concieve, over several years. My dh got the diagnosis of complete infertility (therefore his dd from a previous relationship was not 'his') and we were not able to have children.

My dh wanted to go ahead with a sperm donor, which we did. He was fantastic through the process, we attended all appointments together, he held my hand during the excruciating painful bit, and we had dd.

I was poorly after a horrendous 25hour birth, large bloodloss and emergency c-section. Unable to breastfeed sad

Dh did every night feed with dd. Every single one. He packed me off to bed a 9pm, stayed up until 6 or 7am, then woke me up and we switched over, he would sleep for 6 hours and then go to work until 7.30pm. He clearly adored dd and never moaned, not once, and never made out like he was doing me a favour.

Even though she isn't biologically his, dd and dh are very, very close. She burps like him hmm and they are two peas in a pod smile.

In the past few years, my physcial and mental health has taken a nosedive, I've had addiction problems with sleeping tablets and painkillers, and my dh has been with me through it all, despite coping with plenty of other things on his plate.

Recently he has found out that because of my crap mental health, I have managed to get us into large debts without realising I was doing it confused sad and our financial future has dreastically altered because of this.

He has never once shouted, accused, blamed me, or stormed out. His reaction was shock, then a huge worry about me as he felt I would not be able to cope. He has taken dd to school every day since I got ill with depression (on ad's for 2 years) and done homework with her, played with her, bathed her, ironed, washed up, done laundry and cooked. For at least 80% of the time.

He has never hinted that he is 'helping' out (although he is helping the whole family out!) or doing me a favour. He has just got on with it, with never a cross word.

Due to my illness and other ishoos there has been precious little, erm , actually doing 'it' in recent years but he has never pressured, moaned or complained.

I love him so much my heart could burst. If I could, I would give him the best bj in the world and then cook him a sunday roast. I can probably sort out the sunday roast...

I jsut wanted all ye women who have been treated badly, been in abusive relationships or who have just ended thinking 'all men are like this' that that is not the case. At times he can be a nob end, but, well, he'll do.

Can we clone him? He's got a big nose though, that a problem for anyone?

Janbo25 Tue 16-Oct-12 19:29:35

Aww that's nice to hear, it shows you appreciate him, so you tell him often how you feel x

redtulip68 Tue 16-Oct-12 19:38:36

What a wonderful husband you have StandYourGround. That is exactly what a committed relationship is all about. I wish there were more men like him. Good luck for the futre and cherish your lovely family.

izzyizin Tue 16-Oct-12 19:39:29

If you can sort out a Sunday roast, you can surely put your mind to giving him the best bj ever once a week.

I vote we clone him and the nip/tuck crew can modify his nose should anyone prefer their model with a more compact hooter.

StandYourGround Tue 16-Oct-12 22:10:03

He is amazing.

I think his mum had a lot to do with it, she was a lovely lady, a working mum (taxi driver) and did book keeping at home, so she didn't have the time to wait on her son hand and foot! And as a consequence he can do an exquisite egg sarnie. Seriously, it's orgasmic!

BinksToEnlightenment Tue 16-Oct-12 22:12:46

What a wonderful man. My child's father is similarly dedicated and kind. I only wish that we could have stayed together. He supported me through a big illness, pnd and kicking an addiction to tramadol. I love him so much, but sadly not enough. He will make someone else the happiest woman alive though.

You stick with this man, OP. Give him everything you've got xx

Hassled Tue 16-Oct-12 22:15:07

He sounds absolutely lovely smile

Wolfiefan Tue 16-Oct-12 22:18:16

Is there a MN award for best DH? There should be. Wishing you and your whole family a happy and healthy future.
<big Oscar type statuette emoticon>

Wolfiefan Tue 16-Oct-12 22:20:18

Ps only on MN would someone make a comparison between a BJ and a roast dinner! I bloody love this site!

QuintessentialShadow Tue 16-Oct-12 22:20:22

smile

It is really nice to hear about a lovely man. There are lots of lovely men (and women) out there, but people usually post about their bad apples.

wine

Dryjuice25 Tue 16-Oct-12 23:45:56

Heart warming. Your DD is going to turn out great with such a great role model. Wouldn't be fussed about the nose either ha ha....

Shame MIL not there to hear you sing these praises

HeathRobinson Tue 16-Oct-12 23:52:59

Lovely post. thanks for your dh.

ilovemyteddies Wed 17-Oct-12 01:04:13

I LOVE a big nose, nice to have one of them rubbing over your skin when they're nuzzling you grin

garlicbaguette Wed 17-Oct-12 01:10:44

Wow, he sounds wonderful! You must be pretty all right to have found such love smile I hope you make a steady recovery, and wish all of you the happiness you well deserve thanks

rhondajean Wed 17-Oct-12 01:13:18

Aww jeez I've got something in my eye...

My dh is a good man, but yours takes teh biscuit. What a wonderful man.

How old is your dd now?

CrackerJackShack Wed 17-Oct-12 06:49:56

Keep the bastard!

NorksAreMessy Wed 17-Oct-12 06:53:26

Kiss the bastard

HecateLarpo Wed 17-Oct-12 07:27:39

He sounds fabulous. And you're really lucky. But you shouldn't BE lucky. It's so sad that this sounds so amazingly great. This is the type of man that every woman should demand. (and the type of partner that every woman should be!) This should not be seen as extraordinary. It should be the norm!

hildebrandisgettinghappier Wed 17-Oct-12 07:40:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SorryMyLollipop Wed 17-Oct-12 09:34:22

My sister reckons big noses are a very useful accessory when it comes to cunnilingus.

Bonus.

brrbrrwinteriscoming Wed 17-Oct-12 09:43:19

awww.... how lovely op. I love hearing about how much others love the DH/DPs. i have never faced the challenges that you have, but i love my DP i can not wait to be his wife and i love him with all my heart!

garlicbaguette Wed 17-Oct-12 09:51:04

grin Norks smile

StandYourGround Wed 17-Oct-12 16:14:24

rhondajean dd is 6 years old now.

I shall indeed ktb (kiss the bastard)

ecuse Wed 17-Oct-12 16:20:17

Aah that's lovely. Yay you and your lovely family. You should show him this thread (and put your mind to that lunch-and-bj) grin

jammic Wed 17-Oct-12 16:25:04

He sounds fab grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now