Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

My life has just disintegrated without warning.

(9 Posts)
roddersb Tue 16-Oct-12 01:12:11

Apparent doting husband and father of 12 year relationship with 9 year old twins and 15 year old step-son has left us out of the blue. There have been some significant financial problems after many years of money disappearing without trace on his behalf and I recently found yet another load of deceit. Anyway, confronted him and he then said the marriage was over and he was leaving us. He disappeared and surfaced a few days later but would not tell me why he was doing this.

mrscumberbatch Tue 16-Oct-12 01:15:45

Eurgh. That's just rotten behaviour.

I can't say much to 'help' but I'm wishing you the very best. I'm sure you can be strong for your children as this must be as mind boggling for them as it is for you.

If there are financial issues he is going to have to have a discussion with you about it eventually to resolve matters.

What would you like to do?

blackcurrants Tue 16-Oct-12 01:16:34

Shit! Are you okay? Is this game over for you?

Call the banks tommorrow and empty/freeze any joint accounts, if you have a mortgage, call the bank and tell them you are separating so he can't refinance. Do you have a source of income for your family needs?

StuntGirl Tue 16-Oct-12 01:21:18

Please make sure you do as blackcurrants says and look into protecting yourself financially. When my Uncle upped and left my Auntie he emptied every bank/savings account they had and left her with nothing.

If you can, use this time to get originals/make copies of financial documents in case you need them further down the line.

I'm so sorry this has happened to you. How are you and the children?

Redorwhitejusthaveboth Tue 16-Oct-12 03:12:43

Sorry - sounds really rough- do the kids know? Have you got friends/family to support you? Where do you think the money has been ging over the years? Agree with the others- take control of the finances ASAP to protect yourself And the kids

tuckingfits Tue 16-Oct-12 11:50:01

How are you this morning rodders? Been thinking of you since I read this on my way to bed last night. What a horrible shock for you. Have you heard from him at all?

blackcurrants Tue 16-Oct-12 12:14:42

Hope you're okay, rodders - don't despair!

amillionyears Tue 16-Oct-12 18:30:43

You might also want to post this in legal.

Mayisout Tue 16-Oct-12 19:01:18

Maybe he is a gambling addict and is running away due to shame rather than face the problems he has caused.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now