Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Date on Friday

(6 Posts)
Makethepainstop Tue 16-Oct-12 00:53:00

So posted earlier in the week about not being able to move on from my ex. I joined a dating website few days ago and have spent last 3 nights chatting to lovely man and he has asked me to go out on fri! Cannot believe it. We discussed what has happened to us both. my h cheated when I was preggers, left us then came back then left when dd was 5 weeks old then been total arse ever since. His wife cheated and left him and kids. We really got on well and from our little (long) chats he has restored my faith in men. Now just have my ridiculous nerves to deal with! Haven't been out on a date in years! He asked if I wanted a to go for meal or drinks and I said drinks - is that a wise choice? I am sooooo scard and excited and giggly. Jeez - what to wear? Advice please o wise ones xx

mrscumberbatch Tue 16-Oct-12 00:59:40

Don't get your hopes up too much! But how exciting to go out for a wee date!

I think drinks is a good idea as then you don't have to worry about table manners too much wink.

Where are you meeting? That will decide the dress code. Smart/casual is usually the way to go though as you don't want to be over or under dressed.

Makethepainstop Tue 16-Oct-12 01:15:21

I know I just feel so excited. And scared.

Meeting by where I live - there is quite a selection of bars. Was thinking skinny cropped trousers, dressy top and blazer with heels.

He seems very nice. Good job and totally committed to his kids. To good to be true really. His wife had 4 affairs! must be a downside...

mrscumberbatch Tue 16-Oct-12 01:18:18

4 Affairs?!!?!?!??!!

What a mystery. Well you're bound to find out eh!?

Skinny crops and blazer is a great outfit. Right mix of sass and smart.

I wish I was still dating, it was so much fun. I like the squiggly, anxious feeling.

Makethepainstop Tue 16-Oct-12 07:02:27

The anxious feeling has stopped me from sleeping tonight! I need to calm down and try and take things in my stride a bit more!!!

Need to get shopping for my date outfit. How exciting!

I was having a chat with date man and he asked me what I was looking for in a man - it was completely different to what my ex h was. Weird how you just put up with something even though its not what you want. I was just too blind to see it. He also asked me where I see myself in 5 years - again I now have completely different goals than before. Never thought I would say it but maybe the cheating scumbag has done me a favour!!!

flatbellyfellaInablackcape Tue 16-Oct-12 15:35:50

Best of luck on your date, he will be as nervous as you, I am sure.
Best not to tell him about MN chat just yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now