Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Divorce - Finances

(10 Posts)
saggyhairyarse Mon 15-Oct-12 13:22:05


Just wondering if anyone else has divorced a Company Director? I am trying to sort out his child maintenance but am finding it difficult to find out what exactly he needs to submit (I don't want to call my Solicitor as she is as useful as a chocolate teapot).

He gets paid by salary and dividend so obviously I need his P60 and the P60 divident equivalent - does anyone know what that is? Is it a P11D? Child Maintenance Options, the CSA and Companies House do not know...


izzyizin Mon 15-Oct-12 13:27:38

Is he a director of a public company - i.e. listed on the Stock Exchange - or a private company?

Btw, why settle for a chocolate teapot when you can have a fireproof rottweiler simply by changing your solicitor?

saggyhairyarse Mon 15-Oct-12 13:31:46

Sorry no, a Limited Company (private).

I know what you are saying but I have been on my own for two years, my house is falling down, I went back to college last year and have jsut started Uni, my ex is an asshole and I just haven't got the time/energy/money to change now.

ivykaty44 Mon 15-Oct-12 13:34:29

well just ask for double what you want in maintenence and let him half it - simple.

If you want to do it through the CSA then go ahead - they will then ask him for wage slips for about three months

izzyizin Mon 15-Oct-12 13:37:10

Your stbxh is an asshole? Honey, put everything else on hold until you change your solicitor otherwise you're likely to find yourself paying the asshole shortchanged in any financial settlement.

Post your question on the Legal matters board and seek recommendations for competent solicitors in your area.

saggyhairyarse Mon 15-Oct-12 13:39:50

He was paying a certain rate based on his salary and emailed me this morning to say he is reducing it because his salary is going down but he gets dividends (and has been on 3 foreign holidays and bought a new car this year)....

ivykaty44 Mon 15-Oct-12 17:18:14

forget what he does with his money - you don't want him checking up what you do with your own money.

CSA is 15% of net income for one child, 20% for two children and 25% for three or more - doubt this includes bonus or share income.

MusicForTheMasses Mon 15-Oct-12 17:41:43

Bonuses will be included as income. You will need to see his P60 each year. I am in a similar position. This is the one time when you will need to talk to your solicitor.

I'm going for 20% of income based on 2 kids, and will be including bonuses as this. He should be filling in a financial disclosure form. xx

saggyhairyarse Tue 16-Oct-12 17:33:58

ivykaty44, bonuses/dividends do count as income and, actually, he can do what he likes with his money. I am asking for the minimum in child support and for a transparent disclosure which is not forthcoming. What he does with his own money is his own affair however when the amount that he is disclosing does not reflect the lifestyle he is leading then I am going to ask questions.

Thank you MFTM, I will get my solicitor to chase that up x

ivykaty44 Tue 16-Oct-12 21:30:27

Bonus is counted as income - but try getting the CSA to take note of that and you will have a lot of grey hairs at the end of the process, actually dealing with the CSA at all can lead to grey hair.

If you go through the courts - then have fun trying to get him to stick to the payments

either way if he doesn't want to play ball - well he doesn't have to really and it will be hard work getting him to pay money for his own children

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now