Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

First big night out since split! Nervous!

(7 Posts)
keepingupwiththejoneses Sun 14-Oct-12 22:44:27

Well I am of out Saturday with my brother and friends and the following Friday with my mum. It has been over 4 months since STBXH left and I haven't done anything socially since.
Due to EA I haven't been out without him in about 5 years. Although I am really looking forward to them I am also really nervous about them. I just don't know if I remember how to be social!

Springhasarrived Sun 14-Oct-12 23:33:45

Good luck with it. It will feel strange but gradually you will get used to it. At first I felt like I had a big sign on my head saying "alone" but now I go out and dont even think about it.

Deep breath, chin up and smile!

keepingupwiththejoneses Mon 15-Oct-12 13:18:08

Thanks Spring. I know what you mean about feeling I have sign across my head. I am really looking forward to both of them, just a bit scary!

ByHappyChance Mon 15-Oct-12 14:06:25

Hope you have a brilliant time. Onwards and upwards x

KirstyWirsty Mon 15-Oct-12 21:46:57

Please don't do what I did on my first night out .. I didn't eat anything , glugged gallons of prosecco got really drunk and then cried because I was in a club at my age .. I was mortified going back to work on the Monday

Have a nice time don't drink too much x

keepingupwiththejoneses Tue 16-Oct-12 22:46:53

Haha! Kirsty I have already planned my tea for saturday night!

KirstyWirsty Wed 17-Oct-12 00:28:57

Good! Have a great night x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now