Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How to maintain dignity?

(6 Posts)
MissMemoo Tue 09-Oct-12 12:56:37

I keep getting the urge to text him and tell him what a twat he is, or scream down the phone at him. Tbh I actually want to punch him repeatedly. I'm so angry with him.

How do I stop myself from behaving like that?

izzyizin Tue 09-Oct-12 13:02:41

Kick the shit out of a cushion.

OhWesternWind Tue 09-Oct-12 13:05:45

Lock the phone in a drawer if you have to. Do not, repeat not, call or text him. You'll only feel worse afterwards.

Have you tried punching a pillow or shouting to get some of the anger out? A visit to the bottle bank can be quite therapeutic too. Or write it all down in a letter and then tear it up.

I'm guessing it's early days, so be kind to yourself. Do you have someone in rl who you can talk through your feelings with?

colditz Tue 09-Oct-12 13:09:39

Shout at a mirror. It's the only way I bite my tongue with those who have wronged me<<melodrama>>

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 09-Oct-12 13:12:22

Write all your feelings down longhand on a piece of paper and then set fire to it...

MrsRhettButler Tue 09-Oct-12 13:13:02

Yes, writing a letter and then burning it can be good, just make sure you do actually burn it instead of emailing it to him. like I did

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now