Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Please can you suggest place to eat for small wedding in Central London that would let us play acoustic music?

(9 Posts)
secrethistory Mon 08-Oct-12 19:46:04

Please please help me find somewhere to eat for my wedding meal. We have very quickly planned our wedding (after being engaged years and have three children together) as my dad is ill and we are not sure how long he will be around. So while he is strong we booked our wedding for November. We are booked into the Marylebone Town Hall and want to find somewhere in the surrounding areas to eat after. Its not a large wedding, 19 adults and 7 children. I am finding it so hard to find anywhere that is not too posh or too shabby. I just want to find a "real" pub that sells good food and that will allow us all to play some music. I'm Irish and we all play music. I have a feeling most landlords are not into us playing music but surely that has to be some that would not mind? We need a pub out there with a function room we can eat in, comfortable place for us to stay, drink, sing and play. I found one near the hall but it was so shabby and the toilets dirty. The second place in Primrose Hill was just too posh, we would not fit in there. I am feeling so stressed by it all and would really appreciate it if anyone could suggest somewhere. Before I wanted it to be walking distance but now I do not mind a cab journey. Many thanks!

secrethistory Mon 08-Oct-12 19:56:40

Oops forgot to point out central London. Thanks!

lopsided Mon 08-Oct-12 20:06:43

You might want this moved to chat or weddings, trust me this thread isn't one for relationships. It sounds like a lovely wedding btw.

mrsnec Mon 08-Oct-12 20:09:01

Is The York and Albany too posh? If it's still there that is but they had a wedding booking last time I was there.

toni76 Mon 08-Oct-12 20:17:31

sounds brilliant - can i come! When i used to live in the square mile, quite a few of the pubs were closed at weekends because they do all their business during the week, but would open for special events at weekends for not very much money.. if you took over the place, they should be happy about music, i would have thought. this is one of them: http://www.thewhiteswanlondon.com/index.php/weddings/; that's the posh one, and it's lovely but pricey......
but i'm pretty sure that more around fleet street area would do it...The seven stars or The Punch Tavern are likely - I know the punch taverb has cheap hire at weekends... can i suggest a pub crawl of the area for a recce?

secrethistory Mon 08-Oct-12 20:53:34

Thanks I tried to find the wedding link and failed ;) Typing with three children demanding from at their bed time was not a good idea... selfish mum I am!

Thanks for the ideas, we are actually getting married on a Friday.

I'll check the York and Albany out and the other suggestions, Thank you x

AnastasiaSteele Mon 08-Oct-12 21:01:33

Congratulations. Have seen a couple of Weddings on Rock My Wedding that have used London pubs for a reception venue, have a look on there, try round Fleet Street or Farringdon. Might be worth posting on the You and Your Wedding forum too.

Congratulations, Marylebone Town Hall is a lovely venue.

emsyj Mon 08-Oct-12 21:04:52

How about The Bleeding Heart? Very lovely food but not stuffy - they're closed at weekends so hire out for Saturday weddings quite regularly.

There's also a pub in Greenwich that does weddings but in a much more 'done' way so probably not what you're after. Smiths of Smithfield do receptions for small numbers, don't know about music though.

I do highly recommend looking at The Bleeding Heart though, I couldn't rate the food any better it's fantastic and a very 'intimate' feeling place.

secrethistory Mon 08-Oct-12 22:01:23

The Bleeding Heart is lovely and the food sounds amazing but way too expensive for us. Our maximum is £27 per head.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now