Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dh freaked me out in his sleep

(25 Posts)
Kingcyrolophosarus Wed 03-Oct-12 01:12:32

he just started hitting the mattress over and over, very aggressively
Then he woke up and muttered something about killing someone in his dream
He was tossing and turning, and I'm freaked out cos I just finished a really creepy book, where there was a really violent guy who had the same name as dh

Im now in with DS
Bloody hell

deleted203 Wed 03-Oct-12 01:18:55

lol...Oh dear! My sympathies. I make the mistake of reading creepy things and freaking myself out too. My DH seems to think I'm one of the lads that work for him whenever he's asleep. He is forever shouting, 'Fer fuck's sake! Can you no move that fucking JCB like I told you to?' and I lie there muttering, 'Well no. I can't. I haven't got a fucking JCB and I can't drive one anyway'. And then I snigger quietly. grin

justbogoffnow Wed 03-Oct-12 01:21:28

lol, makes me feel blessed with one of the world's loudest, persistent snorers.

aimingtobeaperfectionist Wed 03-Oct-12 01:21:44

Our car alarms just gone off (not quite the same) but DP is away so have had to go downstairs (in pantsblush) and find keys. Feel very spooked and feel a bit better knowing I'm not the only scared one on here. Bloody DD sleeps all night and I'm still up at this time?! Gahhh!!

SPsFanjoLovesItGangnamStyle Wed 03-Oct-12 01:22:39

grin

My ex used to shout tyre codes at me in his sleep and then get upset when told him we didn't have any in stock grin

He was a mechanic. He was so boring that even his dreams were shit!

justbogoffnow Wed 03-Oct-12 01:23:57

rofl SPsFanjo [ grin]

justbogoffnow Wed 03-Oct-12 01:24:22

doh grin

Kingcyrolophosarus Wed 03-Oct-12 01:24:42

Well he'd already been snoring for 2 hours while I was finishing the book!
I want to know who he killed?
Is is normal to have dreams where you kill someone?

Kingcyrolophosarus Wed 03-Oct-12 01:26:25

I can now hear someone outside

sallysparrow157 Wed 03-Oct-12 01:29:16

I once thought I would wake up the bloke in an...erm...romantic fashion.However, he was dreaming about one of the lads he worked with - apparently in the dream the conversation between them was getting a bit argumentative then all of a sudden the sensation of what I was doing must have kicked in and in his mind Gareth was now sucking his cock having just been slagging him off! I apparently nearly got a knee in the face for my romantic efforts!!
I think you're just a bit freaked out because of the book you've been reading - it's not unusual for people to have dreams with an element of agression in them - he may be having a horrible nightmare about people trying to be nasty to you or DS and is protecting you in his dream. Or he may be dreaming about purple aliens with 3 legs who are poking him repeatedly in the eyeball. I bet if you hadn't read the book you just have you would just be thinking 'bloody hell, wonder what the poor bugger is dreaming about?!' rather than being freaked out.

deleted203 Wed 03-Oct-12 01:30:03

I have dreams where I'm stabbing my ExH. Repeatedly. Wake DH to deal with whoever's outside. He would clearly be good at battering intruders. grin.

Stonefield Wed 03-Oct-12 01:31:17

Outside the room in a 'Here's Johnny!' shining type way or somebody outside the house?
Are you ok?

sallysparrow157 Wed 03-Oct-12 01:33:51

My bloke (he is quite into sci-fi/fantasy books and films where there are often big battles and nasty monsters, if that makes any differerence) sometimes has nightmares about people/things trying to kill or hurt him or loved ones and as such has had numerous occasions in his dreams where he has been trying to kill people with big swords or whatever - he is the most non-violent guy you could ever meet

monsterchild Wed 03-Oct-12 01:34:30

My Dh often sits up, points to something and starts demanding to know what it is. It totally freaks me out! he wears glasses, and I think he just can't see anything. He once thought that water was pouring into the house! He started feeling around asking for the shovel!
I had a good laugh, but he doesn't find it nearly as funny!

Kingcyrolophosarus Wed 03-Oct-12 01:40:07

I think some people were having a conversation outside
Bit too late and quiet road, but gone now
I can't sleep, body clock up in the air, just got back from US today
Gonna be shattered tomorrow

Kingcyrolophosarus Wed 03-Oct-12 01:41:18

He was reading some SAS type book

hauntedhouse Wed 03-Oct-12 01:42:19

When I was reading The Shining my husband had vivid nightmares with scenes from the book, which he never read (or saw the film).

CaliforniaLeaving Wed 03-Oct-12 05:03:10

LOL my Dh will answer questions if he starts talking in his sleep. Usually he's asking work questions, he kept asking me if I had a boat, so I ask questions back and he answers, Only trouble I get the giggles and it shakes the bed and wakes him up. I'm really curious as to what I could get answers to. Dam those giggles.

MillyStar Wed 03-Oct-12 08:09:54

Omg hauntedhouse that is so spooky!

I was up half the night because I watched feral children on the discovery channel yesterday and it's really freaked me out

AngryFeet Wed 03-Oct-12 08:13:02

This is very funny

deleted203 Wed 03-Oct-12 14:04:09

lol, CaliforniaLeaving - my DH will answer questions too! He once announced (whilst fast asleep) I'm a herd, so I said, A herd of what?. A collective herd. Completely bemused I asked, Why? and he said in a patronising tone, Because it's the in thing to be. I have no idea what the hell he was dreaming about!

Tiago Wed 03-Oct-12 16:29:59

My DH has odd conversations with me, including one where he said he'd get to it next time he was "working down that way in London" (at the time he never went near the place).

He also sticks his elbow in the air when he sleeps, like a bloody radio antenna or something. I wake up, get annoyed by it, push it down, go back to sleep (and then rinse and repeat for the rest of the night).

susiedaisy Wed 03-Oct-12 16:32:31

Angryfeet the eyebrow comment made me laughgringrin

Taghain Wed 03-Oct-12 16:57:28

DP once woke herself up (and me!) screaming about the tigers coming through the ceiling, & sat upright.
I looked, but there weren't any tigerrrs at all.

crabbyoldbat Wed 03-Oct-12 17:27:56

www.sleeptalkinman.blogspot.co.uk/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now