Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How do i tell him i'm not really interested?

(3 Posts)
Lovemy3kids Mon 01-Oct-12 13:17:43

I've been texting a man for the past few weeks and we eventually got to meet up on saturday lunchtime. He's a nice guy - but there was no spark or attraction on my side.

As I was leaving, he asked if I wanted to go out again, and I said yes as I just couldn't bring myself to tell him no there and then! He has since text me saying he had a nice time and that he can't wait to see me again......but I don't want to see him.....how the hell do I tell him that in the nices possible way??? confused

JollyJumper Mon 01-Oct-12 13:25:54

I always turn these things around, if I had gone on a date and liked the guy but he didn't fancy me back I think I'd appreciate honesty, a simple one liner stating something like: Sorry, I didn't feel any sparks. You are a great person but not for me.

itsallinmyhead Mon 01-Oct-12 13:27:31

Just be straight with him. Tell him you enjoyed the date but don't think you see him as more than a friend.

He'll survive smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now