Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

confused ??

(4 Posts)
Annielove Sun 30-Sep-12 19:23:08

Appreciate opinions here. Met this guy couple of months ago, have really enjoyed each others company. Had a great night at his two nights ago then he text me yesterday saying he was packing for his hols and saying he would call when he returned. Today i text to say have a great time and he then replied saying he wished me happiness and to not reply to his text as he didn't want a relationship . Anyway i rang him and he said he had lost someone close to him and just needed to have space and wasn't going away now, just wanted to be by himself. Then said it would be nice to meet in maybe 6mths....He did sound upset. I told him that was fine and i wished him well. Do you think this was true ? surely he wouldn't lie about someone dying???

HecateHarshPants Sun 30-Sep-12 19:31:56

Why did you ring him after he had texted you with such a blunt and very clear message? He was very clear. Do not contact me again. There's nothing more to be said when someone says that to you. It's just such harsh and uncaring way to end even a short relationship that it shows the person isn't worth continuing trying to talk to.

tbh, it doesn't matter whether his story is true or not. He is saying he doesn't want to pursue a relationship with you. That's his right and I know it's hurtful, and a bolt from the blue, but you just have to move on. I suspect his whole maybe in 6 months thing was meant to get you to leave it, or perhaps to let you down gently, or maybe because he didn't know how to deal with the fact you'd called him after he'd specifically told you he didn't want you to contact him as he had decided the relationship wasn't what he wanted.

I do get that it must have been totally shocking, and it's natural to want to know why, what's happened, and that's why you called him. I would bet that what's happened is he's met someone else.

There are lots of men out there and you will find someone who deserves you and who will be chuffed to bits to be lucky enough to be with you.

Annielove Sun 30-Sep-12 19:46:50

Thanks for the reply, you are right i shouldn't have rang him it's just only yesterday morning he was saying "morning gorgeous, loved spending Thursday with you". It was just such a harsh way to end things and he did sound like he was about to cry on phone. Oh well just have to move on, i may never know why.

HecateHarshPants Sun 30-Sep-12 19:50:02

and that's the hardest thing. He could have lost someone, he could have decided he didn't want a relationship with you, he could BE in a relationship and his girlfriend just found out about you and that's why he's crying and calling a sudden halt! it could be anything.

Just chalk it up to experience and don't let it put you off. There are some great blokes out there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now