Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Stories of how the MLC went horribly wrong (for him) and how karma caught up with them!

(28 Posts)
JammieDodger7 Sun 30-Sep-12 09:26:18

Hello,

I've just been reading stories about MLC men and how they have ripped families apart.

Someone suggested starting a thread about how it turns out after the house is sold, the divorce, and how he marries the OW.

Being someone who is in the depths of the divorce stage now (thankfully he is divorcing me, not the other way round!) does anyone have any stories as to what happens next? I need cheering up by hearing how the karma has caught up with them!

peanutMD Sun 30-Sep-12 09:40:46

what does MLC mean?

My SF was cheating over the internet, (World of Warcraft) with a foreign lady who knew all the details about his less than 2yo twins and had apparently spoken the phone with then at some point.

Anyway he got caught out, my mum kicked him out and he buggered off to meet OW (in Spain) and about 6 months later she moved over and into a house with him, he confided in already one person that she want the person he thought she was going to be and that he had made a massive misyake giving up his family.

FF 4 years, he us still stuck in the same flat with OW miserable because he is now a weekend dad to the twins, has to work all the hours under the sun in a supermarket to make ends meet (because his old sales job at a rather well to do car trader was to far from where he moved to) and because the OW refuses to work due to the fact that they now have an 18m old and is so possessive if her that no one can be alone with her (she even sits in the back if the car with her so she can hold her hand when she's in the car seat!) Oh and she doesn't like to spend time cleaning our cooking because it takes time away from the DD.

Basically he is miserable and has very little life, he used to bee a happy outgoing man but now he is a shell with what can only be described as dead eyes... Oh well grin

JammieDodger7 Sun 30-Sep-12 09:54:45

Ha ha ha ha!

MLC = mid life crisis

Thanks for posting!

peanutMD Sun 30-Sep-12 10:07:01

Oooh I thought it stood for something, Lying, Cheating blush

Well he was/is in his 40's and she was/is in her 20's so I guess the 'funky tween hi-tops' may well fit grin

RobynRidingHood Sun 30-Sep-12 10:27:41

Not so much of a MLC but a very late crisis!

Step mothers best friends husband ran off with another woman. All very complicated but basically he remortgaged the family home to buy a house with the OW.

Fortunately he popped his cloggs before any divorce proceedings started, leaving the wife with two houses, totally covered by life insurance.

karma indeed grin

CogitoErgoSometimes Sun 30-Sep-12 10:33:20

I don't believe there is any such thing as Karma. Life is what you make it and the rain falls just as hard on saints as it does sinners. My exH married again and has two children. Because his new DW happens to be very successful in her career & he moved into a company where they made him a director <shakes head in disbelief>, they are also rolling in cash, have a home in a smart part of London, fancy cars and all the trappings

Occasionally I feel annoyed that he left me in the financial and emotional shit and emerged smelling of roses. However, I comfort myself that his new DW has to wake up looking at his miserable face every morning. No amount of fancy cars is compensation for that. smile

seaofyou Sun 30-Sep-12 10:33:28

WOW RRH that's was karma!

Dryjuice25 Sun 30-Sep-12 14:01:15

Cogito-I had the same experiences with Karma except we weren't married. We had nothing then. I now occasionally see him on telly and I die inside. He has more money than he can shake a stick at.....but nothing can ever make me want to be with an abusive twunt who savagely beat me up and sexually assaulted me on the night I confronted him with cheating evidence.

I feel sorry for his wife who he cheats on all the time and then boasts about how she takes him back all the time and how cheating "is a man thing". Wtaf!!!

I have to say though that my dp's lack of ambition (and lack of support for me) grates me and admittedly, the twunt left me with a complex. I hate that my x realized the dream we shared at uni whilst I succeeded to be no more than just a proud mum, despite all my efforts to try and get out of the breadline. He gets to travel all over the world and I can't even indulge in even thinking of a holiday to Conwall. So yes it's all about decisions one makes and I made the wrong one. The fact that a violent rapist gets it all means there is no karma IME.

Dryjuice25 Sun 30-Sep-12 14:04:38

*made the wrong ones

fiventhree Sun 30-Sep-12 14:05:54

Actually, Cogito, the research suggests otherwise.

eg Pittman and Glass, both highly respected, say that the odds are very much again long term success and happiness when affairs were the reason.

Maybe yours was one of those exceptions, or maybe not. It is highly likely that despite the kids and house and money, they are not very happy in their relationship.

CogitoErgoSometimes Sun 30-Sep-12 14:25:47

I don't really spend a lot of time wondering if they are happy in their relationship tbh. Whether they are or aren't, it makes no material difference to me....

MadAboutHotChoc Sun 30-Sep-12 14:27:19

My FIL walked out on his wife and young family.

He married OW who died a few years later, then spent the rest of his life chasing women and getting into debt. He suffered poor health and died a lonely old penniless man with some of his adult children estranged from him.

MIL enjoyed an exciting career then married a lovely man and together they followed their dreams smile

JammieDodger7 Sun 30-Sep-12 14:29:24

Hey ladies, karma might not have caught up with them yet... you know what they say, "the higher you climb, the harder you fall."

All is not lost yet! Fiventhree, if he's on TV, you can at least find out what happens to him when he does fall! I'm dying to know who he is now...!

BurlingtonBertieFromBow Sun 30-Sep-12 14:32:25

Why not stop focusing on your ex husband and work on making your life fantastic? Much better. Don't give them the power by saying they 'ripped your family apart'.

Dryjuice25 Sun 30-Sep-12 23:22:21

Tbh, I don't really care whether he is happy or not and he probably isn't otherwise why shag around??? A friend said she would easily sell the story and shame him, I chose not to because I did care for him at some point....and that was like 10 years ago and he is remorseful. Can't fully forgive him though....

Only shame is that I moved on too quickly and didn't manage to find a better fit for me after him but that's a whole other story.

Queenofsiburbia Sun 30-Sep-12 23:36:50

My not-so-dear father left my very-dear-mother about 8 years ago during month of their 30th anniversary.
The OW was just 2 years older than me confused and also married with two daughters. So he swapped one family for identical one half the age.

Anyway, my wonderful M is so much happier as he was not easy to live with and both my sis & I could not bare to be in contact with him after he behaved so shoddily towards us all. I got married last year & his shocking disregard for his own marriage meant it was no dilemma for me for him to not be there.

A few months ago the OW got rid of him (evidently he was as hard to live with for her as for my DM) and now he lives on his own, with no contact from his daughters. I'm pregnant now & he will miss out on being a grandfather.

I don't feel a shred of guilt, the entire situation was his responsibility & he has only himself to look to if he feels hard done by.

VBisme Sun 30-Sep-12 23:55:36

It works both ways, my DHs ex kicked him out for a younger model (we got together a few months afterwards).

Her relationship didn't last, and she's now alone and financially significantly worse off (although DH continues to pay considerably more than the CSA amount).

DH is a good man, and we both work full time so have a decent standard of living.

However I do hope that she finds happiness, it's much easier when she has a boyfriend.

mampam Mon 01-Oct-12 10:24:29

I'm one of the ones who doesn't believe in karma. My ex walked out on us to be with OW. He had just qualified in his job and I had spent years trying to make ends meet while he was training, it was bloody hard going at times and OW got to reep all the financial benefits.
They are married, a year ago OW got a fantastic job that would make them considerably better off financially so they moved away and ex gave up his job so therefore doesn't have to pay a penny in maintenance. Just to rub salt into the wound, dropped the bombshell of the maintenance for our 2DC's and then announced that he and OW were having another baby (they already had a dd together).

I am married again to a lovely man and we have a dd together but I do feel very bitter towards my ex when we now struggle to feed and clothe the 3 DC's and he lives in the lap of luxury and his other 2 DC's want for nothing.

JammieDodger7 Tue 02-Oct-12 21:28:12

Great stories ladies, thanks.

Opentooffers Tue 02-Oct-12 23:31:01

Dryjuice OMG! Savagely sexually assaulted and beaten and rather than getting him behind bars, you "can't forgiving him fully" although he is "remorseful". Has the world gone mad or can others see how this is wrong. No wonder Karma never hit him, he should be in prison.

lanternfestival Wed 03-Oct-12 06:33:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

smoothieooo Wed 03-Oct-12 10:20:37

I find myself desperately hoping for more 'Karma-following-MLC-walk-out' stories so have marked my place. Gives me something to hope for grin

Not that I'm bitter... oh no

Friend's "D" H walked out on her and his 4 children (2 teenagers and 2 under 10) for an OW (yes, younger than him).

His older son barely spoke to him for 5 years, they are now back on speaking terms but his son holds him in contempt for cheating.

OW didn't last, he's had a couple of girlfriends and drops contact with his children each time one comes along. They are lovely intelligent grounded kids (because of their mum) and basically just roll their eyes each time this happens. They will never respect him again, and on some level he must know this, as he's chasing around at the age of 50 looking for validation with 20 somethings and making himself look a fool.

So I think Karma in his case is that he is a lesser man than he could be, and his children all know it - and he knows their opinion of him too.

Oh, and friend is single (and happily so!) very busy with paid work, voluntary work (meals on wheels, Scouts, fundraising for school) and has a huge circle of friends.

He lives in a shared house like a student and seems to have few friends.

maleview70 Wed 03-Oct-12 10:49:30

So in summary.....Some people go onto to seemingly do better and some people dont. Now that is a surprise.

My exw left me for someone else, I dont have any bad feelings towards her, she is the mother of my lovely son and has done a great job of turning him into a decent man. The other man let her down and she married someone else and had more kids. I am happy for her and wish her nothing but happiness.

Bitterness and resentment is a completely wasted emotion. Only you are in charge of your own destiny and lets face it if the marriages were that good, mine included, then no one would have walked out.

I looked at myself when my marriage ended and take 50% of the blame for the way it panned out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now